The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Is Officially Dead

Chat about anything
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

No more arguments atmosphir is gone period.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

If you spend $1,000,000 on a game and earn $0.01 from it, that's not exactly profit, is it.
Atmosphir was doing fine profit-wise first of all (See my prior argument about Players Club)

You're not making a very good case for yourself when you say you're not blaming Halsey out of immaturity, when you've already said this:
ElectroYoshi said: ↑
[Bleep] Halsey Minor. [Bleep] that [Bleep]-ing [Bleep] face and [Bleep] every single [Bleep]-ing thing he [Bleep]-ing stands for, and [Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]!!!
Halsey is the sole tyrant responsible for Atmosphir's demise.
Complete maturity, ladies and gentlemen.

FOR CAMERON'S SAKE!!! STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO ACT!!!! DO I SEEM LIKE I CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME?!?! AND FOR PETE'S SAKE,YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!!!!!

The game was losing money, and Dave LEFT. Who else was going to lead development? Adz?
Halsey was already starting to get in the way, which, need I remind you, is the only reason Dave left in the first place. End of story.

If the game had been making money, Halsey wouldn't have tampered with it. The issue is, the game was LOSING money. And there was in fact a spike of users joining because of the gritty additions. People bought firearms and marine suits. It wasn't a sustainable spike, but it WAS a spike.
I'm not saying the way he went about trying to make Atmosphir intro a profitable game was the smartest way possible, but NOT doing ANYTHING would have been worse. That's the bottom line.

Halsey was ALIENATING the money. HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO DRILL THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!???! THE ONLY "SPIKE" FOREARMS CAUSED WAS A SPIKE OF PLAYERS OUT OF THE GAME.

If Dave had come up with a successful business model, Atmosphir wouldn't have failed. And TECHNICALLY, it didn't "fail". All online games end some time. Atmosphir lasted a good long time.
Again, EVERYTHING WAS FINE WITH DAVE BEHIND THE WHEEL!

OK, this sounds kinda cliché, but...

Well, I'm gonna end here. I'm not gonna top that...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Mr Meow Meow

Post by Mr Meow Meow »

TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

ElectroYoshi wrote:If you spend $1,000,000 on a game and earn $0.01 from it, that's not exactly profit, is it.
Atmosphir was doing fine profit-wise first of all (See my prior argument about Players Club)

You're not making a very good case for yourself when you say you're not blaming Halsey out of immaturity, when you've already said this:
[Bleep] Halsey Minor. [Bleep] that [Bleep]-ing [Bleep] face and [Bleep] every single [Bleep]-ing thing he [Bleep]-ing stands for, and [Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]!!!
Halsey is the sole tyrant responsible for Atmosphir's demise.
Complete maturity, ladies and gentlemen.
FOR CAMERON'S SAKE!!! STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO ACT!!!! DO I SEEM LIKE I CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME?!?! AND FOR PETE'S SAKE,YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!!!!!

The game was losing money, and Dave LEFT. Who else was going to lead development? Adz?
Halsey was already starting to get in the way, which, need I remind you, is the only reason Dave left in the first place. End of story.

If the game had been making money, Halsey wouldn't have tampered with it. The issue is, the game was LOSING money. And there was in fact a spike of users joining because of the gritty additions. People bought firearms and marine suits. It wasn't a sustainable spike, but it WAS a spike.
I'm not saying the way he went about trying to make Atmosphir intro a profitable game was the smartest way possible, but NOT doing ANYTHING would have been worse. That's the bottom line.
Halsey was ALIENATING the money. HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO DRILL THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!???! THE ONLY "SPIKE" FOREARMS CAUSED WAS A SPIKE OF PLAYERS OUT OF THE GAME.

If Dave had come up with a successful business model, Atmosphir wouldn't have failed. And TECHNICALLY, it didn't "fail". All online games end some time. Atmosphir lasted a good long time.
Again, EVERYTHING WAS FINE WITH DAVE BEHIND THE WHEEL!

OK, this sounds kinda cliché, but...

Well, I'm gonna end here. I'm not gonna top that...
So you're telling me that you want to be immature about this. Got it.
And you're not paying attention to me either.
Dave HIMSELF said he left because he had accomplished everything he wanted to.

Nope. Atmosphir was losing money before Halsey took the wheel.
And if memory serves, Atmosphir was NEVER making any profit.

And I guess I have to re-iterate this again; The community was only about one fifth of the player base. So it doesn't mean anything when a "bunch" of people left "the community".

Except, no. Dave wasn't an angel who made everything around him turn to solid gold; his business model didn't work, and thus (AGAIN) Atmosphir wasn't making money. And it was losing money. And it was never making any profit. Did you get all that?

Halsey did what he did because Atmosphir was in dire straits (AGAIN), not because he's the evilest villain alive.

Also, it's funny how you respond to me every time, despite the fact that you always say "This is my last post on the subject" to get the last word.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

So you're telling me that you want to be immature about this. Got it.

Adz eventually revealed that Dave left because of disagreements with Minor Ventures. I specifically remember.

Just because Atmosphir wasn't making millions of dollars doesn't mean it wasn't making money or losing it.

And I guess I have to re-iterate this again; The community was only about one fifth of the player base. So it doesn't mean anything when a "bunch" of people left "the community".

Oh, yeah, cuz there was SUCH a minuscule community to begin with.

Except, no. Dave wasn't an angel who made everything around him turn to solid gold; his business model didn't work, and thus (AGAIN) Atmosphir wasn't making money. And it was losing money. And it was never making any profit. Did you get all that?

Dave's approach made the money it made because the community liked it. Halsey's Approach was what drove people off. The game was alive when Dave was around. It died while Halsey was around. Seeing a pattern yet?!!

Halsey did what he did because Atmosphir was in dire straits (AGAIN), not because he's the evilest villain alive.

There's a difference between taking action when a game is in dire straits,
and being the reason it ended up there to begin with.

Also, it's funny how you respond to me every time, despite the fact that you always say "This is my last post on the subject" to get the last word.

Well, that is largely (entirely) due to the fct that you were being a huge jerk about this from the very beginning, so much so that I feel stupider every time I leave this thread without reporting you first. JUST SAYING.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I think this is a genuinely interesting discussion, but there's no reason to take it so personally. Calm down, please. :P
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

ElectroYoshi wrote:So you're telling me that you want to be immature about this. Got it.

Adz eventually revealed that Dave left because of disagreements with Minor Ventures. I specifically remember.

Just because Atmosphir wasn't making millions of dollars doesn't mean it wasn't making money or losing it.

Oh, yeah, cuz there was SUCH a minuscule community to begin with.

Dave's approach made the money it made because the community liked it. Halsey's Approach was what drove people off. The game was alive when Dave was around. It died while Halsey was around. Seeing a pattern yet?!!

There's a difference between taking action when a game is in dire straits,
and being the reason it ended up there to begin with.

Well, that is largely (entirely) due to the fct that you were being a huge jerk about this from the very beginning, so much so that I feel stupider every time I leave this thread without reporting you first. JUST SAYING.
1: I forgot about that, however, it doesn't end up being that relevant:
Atmosphir losing money [2008] -> Stratosphir [2010] -> Still losing money [2011] -> Users begin to leave community [2011] -> Still losing money [2011] -> Halsey finally steps in [2011] -> Dave leaves in a huff [2011] -> Cars and Gritty pieces added [2012] -> A spike in new users, however not enough to offset all the players leaving [2012] and the rest is history.

2: Alemagno stated that Atmosphir never made profit.

3: There were about 500,000 accounts at the peak. There were only about 2000 active members on the forum at the peak (I'm estimating).

4: See 1

5: See 4
Mr Meow Meow

Post by Mr Meow Meow »

The Atmosphir server is finally down D:
Newah

Post by Newah »

ElectroYoshi wrote: FOR CAMERON'S SAKE!!! STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO ACT!!!! DO I SEEM LIKE I CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME?!?! AND FOR PETE'S SAKE,YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!!!!!
Actually, you do seem like you care quite a bit. Maybe if you had said that in normal lettering? :P
tta

Post by tta »

"Oh, yeah, cuz there was SUCH a minuscule community to begin with."

Uhm.

Actually yeah.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Sad to see it go but I've moved on.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

This thread is hilarious and disappointing at the same time. Perhaps, I must think twice: hilarious and disappointing.

There is no clear evidence that Halsey actually ruined the game. Other than that, I would likely guess the money and people wants to moving on are cause of downfall. Guesses aren't even close to real reason yet people must move on.

Why not upload your forsaken drafts for some pleasure? We don't mind you arguing about that because it's an old news.

Besides, welcome to kindergarten.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

freekboy31 wrote: Besides, welcome to kindergarten.
Need I say more? lol
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

EyceKubes wrote:Need I say more? lol
No everything is summed up I think.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Semesto wrote:No everything is summed up I think.
Good. My work here is done.
(Well on this thread anyways... lol)
Zetta

Post by Zetta »

I never understood why people thought that Halsey sought to ruin his own investment. That he spent money on. His own money. A lot of it too.

Anyway I would post a quotes from a topic from the Atmosphir boards discussing this, but
1.) It's gone
2.) Boberto got mad and deleted them like he always does anyway.
tta

Post by tta »

hey guys im boberto stop talkingngn bad about amtoshpir ban ban ban ban ban ban delete delete delete delete

depression isnt reeal lol
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Deleted a few posts. C'mon guys, don't gang up on other users! :)
Anuke

Post by Anuke »

Yep. It's dead.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

Anuke wrote:Yep. It's dead.
you signed up just to say that

your cool