The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Is Officially Dead

Chat about anything
bionicnacho
Administrator

Atmosphir Is Officially Dead

Post by bionicnacho »

Seems like just a blank page to me...

http://atmosphir.com

Oh, who am I kidding, its been dead for a long time

Or could it possibly be new devs coming in?
HAHAHAHAHA i doubt it
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

There hadn't been posts for 3 months...

Before Voxelus goes blank, though, we need a couple days of it only saying "Moved to onemoreblock.com" or something because there have been posts in the last couple days...
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Yeah it seems to be blank for me as well, hard to say the reasoning. My general prediction is that it will sort of sit blank like that for a month or so before it is switched to just a domain name for sale advert, kind of sad to see the site go down but what can you do? I am at the point to just move on, let the memories exist as they are and let the community and levels remain in our minds, especially sense it seems like some people are ready to jump through their monitor at the mention of the game whilst screaming "It's dead! let it go!" I would honestly be shocked to see anything new on the page after this point- but I suppose anything is possible, question mark.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

luke5227 wrote:There hadn't been posts for 3 months...

Before Voxelus goes blank, though, we need a couple days of it only saying "Moved to onemoreblock.com" or something because there have been posts in the last couple days...
Yep, there's still people posting over there every now and then... but they should know that we're all here.

I just hope that just because there's no way that atmosphir will come back, our community still stays together. We've lost a lot of people already.
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

bionicnacho wrote:Yep, there's still people posting over there every now and then... but they should know that we're all here.

I just hope that just because there's no way that atmosphir will come back, our community still stays together. We've lost a lot of people already.
Tbh I hope the people who tried to keep it alive over there don't find out about here. I dunno, they just don't have the same memories as most of us do and don't deserve to really be with us as a community I think. :/
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

No more atmosphir :-[
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

Magmar wrote:Tbh I hope the people who tried to keep it alive over there don't find out about here. I dunno, they just don't have the same memories as most of us do and don't deserve to really be with us as a community I think. :/
They are scum who are not the true children of Atmosphir and must be eradicated. They do not deserve existence. ~The Atmosphir Master Race
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Its interesting.
Before this blank page, the Atmosphir website was so screwed up that I couldn't log in anymore. It kept giving an error message that said "Sorry, I couldn't send that message".

Is it possible that the sites lack of reboots and and maintenance allowed it to develop a mind of its own, and create custom error messages? Lol.
Lysander789

Post by Lysander789 »

I loved Atmopshir every minute I played it. It was a happy community. Sure, Dave left and Halsey threw the game down the tubes, but I will always remember that game. OMB is all I have left of Atmosphir due to my fellow friends being on this site. Atmosphir may be dead, but my online friendship with this scattered community isn't dead yet.
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

Skyshark wrote:They are scum who are not the true children of Atmosphir and must be eradicated. They do not deserve existence. ~The Atmosphir Master Race
Well that's nice.
Just kiddin I love you bro.

But seriously what people?
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Lysander789 wrote:I loved Atmopshir every minute I played it. It was a happy community. Sure, Dave left and Halsey threw the game down the tubes, but I will always remember that game. OMB is all I have left of Atmosphir due to my fellow friends being on this site. Atmosphir may be dead, but my online friendship with this scattered community isn't dead yet.
Words cannot express the love I have for this community. If I hadn't have stumbled onto Atmosphir.com who knows where I'd be. Also, the devs from the Atmosphir had predicted that the domain contract would end at the end of 2012 so the site is officially down forever. It's quite a sad thing to see and I'm even starting to get tears in my eyes. I'll miss every single thread, profile, comment, word, and letter ever posted on Atmosphir... but may the memories forever live on inside our hearts. Goodbye Atmosphir. We'll miss you.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Now that we're on the subject, how'd you guys discover atmosphir?

The first time i saw it i was searching how to make a game for free on google and i stumbled across a chris pirillo video showing off atmosphir. It was the cameron version.

I signed up for the beta right away and i got accepted :D
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Lysander789 wrote:I loved Atmopshir every minute I played it. It was a happy community. Sure, Dave left and Halsey threw the game down the tubes, but I will always remember that game. OMB is all I have left of Atmosphir due to my fellow friends being on this site. Atmosphir may be dead, but my online friendship with this scattered community isn't dead yet.
Well, I am happy to say that I am a part of that scattered community. As far as I know I am here to stay, I wish all of the past Atmosphir users the best as the venture out with their, t-shirts, image files, draft files and sometimes only memories as they continue on this weird little road we call life.
tta

Post by tta »

The only reason I'm mad is because that's the ONLY place where I hosted 3+ (albeit crappy) fanfictions and now I can't get them back. >:|
Lysander789

Post by Lysander789 »

Phantomboy wrote:Well, I am happy to say that I am a part of that scattered community. As far as I know I am here to stay, I wish all of the past Atmosphir users the best as the venture out with their, t-shirts, image files, draft files and sometimes only memories as they continue on this weird little road we call life.
I found the game when I searched around on Edward8bro's YT channel. I found the Atmosphir YT club TTA started (I think). Googled the game. 2 months later, best level creator I've ever played. I still have some of my old drafts though. Good times.
Newah

Post by Newah »

I've tried contacting Halsey Minor on a few occasions. I just really want some official closure on Atmosphir. Something inside of me tells me it still has a chance. But I know it doesn't have any hope left.

As for how I found Atmosphir, it was on the http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ website forums. I was actually a moderator there, and someone showed me Atmosphir. I was hooked on the idea, and the game from the start.
Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

So Atmosphir is gone now. Well, now I REALLY hate Hasley Minor. I Hate him. He can go and... Be gone from me. I'm furious about this ;_;
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Well, with the Atmosphir site gone for good, I have something to say...

[Bleep] Halsey Minor. [Bleep] that [Bleep]-ing [Bleep] face and [Bleep] every single [Bleep]-ing thing he [Bleep]-ing stands for, and [Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]!!!
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Well, with the Atmosphir site gone for good, I have something to say...

[Bleep] Halsey Minor. [Bleep] that [Bleep]-ing [Bleep] face and [Bleep] every single [Bleep]-ing thing he [Bleep]-ing stands for, and [Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]!!!
halsey didn't murder your beloved atmosphir.
grow up.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

"Halsey didn't murder your beloved atmosphir."

Yeah, no.

For one thing, Halsey's the whole reason the game got all that content no one wanted. He basically forced the devs to work in his vision, not Dave's, and that's what killed the community. For another, new content was ALL he focused on, which, need I remind you, is the whole reason the game got so unstable in the first place.

Halsey is completely to blame for Atmosphir's death. That is my final word.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.