The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Server Dev - Updated 4/19/2014

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

UC101 wrote:Hey, I just had a quick question. Are the unimplemented NPCs and Colorable monsters still in the game's code?
If they are, would it be possible to recover them and put them back into the game?
As far as NPCs, I believe they're in the Dev Build but correct me if I'm wrong. If by colorable monsters you mean Bungees then they are also in the Dev Build :)
UC101 wrote:Oh and have you found any variables that might point to how the CO-OP/CTF mode worked?
Yes we have :) It shouldn't be too hard to implement once we get to that point (and it definitely is a high priority because it's a major part of the game), but we're not quite there yet.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
UC101

Post by UC101 »

Cool
Entity wrote:As far as NPCs, I believe they're in the Dev Build but correct me if I'm wrong. If by colorable monsters you mean Bungees then they are also in the Dev Build :)

Yes we have :) It shouldn't be too hard to implement once we get to that point (and it definitely is a high priority because it's a major part of the game), but we're not quite there yet.
Cool! Great to hear! And by color able monsters is in one of okdaves vids he said he would make hazards tintable.. I guess it never got added..
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?:
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Yeah, I've played with the dev build and unless I'm missing something huge, there's no way to change the Bungee's color. Sounds like that was planned but never implemented.
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

So what are they working on right now? The on-site play browser or the Atmo store?
tta

Post by tta »

shit dude i want my frying pan, red jeans, fedora, and sniper rifle right now
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I believe some web integration was being worked on, like the level card thing being viewable. However, I am not entirely sure on that!

Also, as always, patience :P
Link66

Post by Link66 »

Wow. This is coming along very nicely! Good work fellas, and keep it up. I can't wait until the community and game has built up a bit more... I would love to have a second shot at Atmosphir!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

Link66 wrote:I would love to have a second shot at Atmosphir!

Well you can already download it ;)
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

I think NPCs only work with the stuff you have in the store, so if you wanted a panda NPC, you'd have to own a Panda mask, or a Panda Sniper or Panda Marine. That's what it was like in a few of Dave's videos, at least. So right now it's pretty pointless to use them. You can select a hazard mob for them to be, but they'll be invisible. You can see a circle below them for their shadow, and you can be hurt by them.
St0l3n_ID

Post by St0l3n_ID »

UC101 wrote:Cool

Cool! Great to hear! And by color able monsters is in one of okdaves vids he said he would make hazards tintable.. I guess it never got added..
Never heard of that aside of bungees, and those basicly got lost, no unity3d for them + the class is basicly just a "enemy" class with "attack when get attacked" added to it.... so there is nothing.
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

St0l3n_ID wrote:Never heard of that aside of bungees, and those basicly got lost, no unity3d for them + the class is basicly just a "enemy" class with "attack when get attacked" added to it.... so there is nothing.
Actually, Bungees are available in the Dev version...
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

There is also music editor in dev version.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Would it be possible to add a zoom button to the game, like in Optifine? Or can we not do that? Also, how is the shop coming along?
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

Flameforlife wrote:Would it be possible to add a zoom button to the game, like in Optifine? Or can we not do that? Also, how is the shop coming along?

No(t yet), because that would be part of the client, and although we have the source code, we're not able to make changes to it and then recompile the client.
The devs are only able to do anything on the server side at the moment.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Ahh okay
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Baufritz wrote:No(t yet), because that would be part of the client, and although we have the source code, we're not able to make changes to it and then recompile the client.
The devs are only able to do anything on the server side at the moment.
For whatever it's worth that's not quite true, the devs can directly alter the client's source code and have done so in the past. Afaik the only thing we can't edit are the .unity3d assets. I have no idea if a zoom button would require that or not.

I'd imagine something like that would be fairly low on their priority list though.

freekboy31 wrote:There is also music editor in dev version.

Wait, really? Where?
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Wowfunhappy wrote: Wait, really? Where?
In one of the music props (unknown Stonehead), when you click properties it will bring you to music editor that's like Mario Paint (drum, stuff, voice "check this out!!", and other synths)
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh my gosh! I had not seen that at all! I am, really really impressed with that and that we hadn't heard anything of that. It doesn't seem like it is done, but it could've been used for some really cool things - like making a siren or alarm.
crazyal02

Post by crazyal02 »

Phantomboy wrote:Oh my gosh! I had not seen that at all! I am, really really impressed with that and that we hadn't heard anything of that. It doesn't seem like it is done, but it could've been used for some really cool things - like making a siren or alarm.
I messed around with it when I got the dev version. It's really really glitchy, but pretty cool too!
UC101

Post by UC101 »

crazyal02 wrote:I messed around with it when I got the dev version. It's really really glitchy, but pretty cool too!
We should get these features fixed up and brought into the normal version
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?: