The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Store And Atmos : Thoughts So Far

General discussion about Atmosphir.
matthewbny
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by matthewbny »

>playing as the guest is op
guest has worst weapons, many other weapons (like the ax-70 and the repetto launcher) completely outclass the basic laser and cannon by munitions and damage. this is why MP was so good -- because no weapon was really better than another (except the ax-70, other than that it was pretty diverse)
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
papaya

Post by papaya »

please dont greentext on omb if you arent even gonna make it green
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

I think most of the stuff should be free, besides the perks, and no abilities. Then again, everyone likes the idea of Design Challenges and XP Levels to win atmos, which from what I've seen recently not too many people want them back. Free clothes, weapons, and cars (IF we add them back), and no abilities.

Did armor ever give you an advantage? At all?
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

Flameforlife wrote:Did armor ever give you an advantage? At all?
It is generally known to be only aesthetic, as it would be power creep otherwise.
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

May I ask what power creep?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:May I ask what power creep?

It's when a game becomes less balanced as a result of new content.

The general debate here is making stuff free vs. paid. At this point I'd be fine with either, but if we do the latter, there needs to be some way to earn atmos in-game. Seeing as a lot of stuff, clothes and perks especially, never affected gameplay enough to be worth spending actual money on, I don't think making people do that would be fair, especially when you consider how few people bought perks in the first place.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Phantomboy wrote:May I ask what power creep?
Like Yoshi said, "It's an unbalance as a result of new content." It is difficult (but possible) to avoid. Games like Magic the Gathering have to worry about this especially. Whenever they release a new set of cards, they want the cards to be interesting (so people will buy them) but if they make them more powerful than old cards, the old cards will lose their value and people who own them will get mad.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

[media=youtube]Bxszx60ZwGw[/media]

I doubt we'll have many issues with power creep given that we can't actually add new weapons or whatever, but I still thought this was worth posting here.
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

ElectroYoshi wrote:The general debate here is making stuff free vs. paid. At this point I'd be fine with either, but if we do the latter, there needs to be some way to earn atmos in-game. Seeing as a lot of stuff, clothes and perks especially, never affected gameplay enough to be worth spending actual money on, I don't think making people do that would be fair, especially when you consider how few people bought perks in the first place.
At this point, I wouldn't imagine there'd even be any profit to be made from selling in=game items through actual transactions. Too few people actually play the game right now.

In any case, the formula I have provided thus far has many means of obtaining atmos in-game. However, if you have any more ideas for the obtaining of this currency, please chime in!
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

Free. Unlimited atmos.
matthewbny

Post by matthewbny »

Paying for content would be bad on both the user's and the developer's part. There are going to be arguments over who gets the money (since Nin and Wowfun are basically the guys running Atmosphir without taking into account the mods and stuff) and it could split up and divide the developers (akin to how the original MiST left and how Minor got his guys to 'take over for them' and whatnot).

Plus we're not going to be playing MP within the next couple years (if Atmosphir even lasts that long) so I don't see why you should make an option to pay for atmos. (the leveling up system doesn't even work on Atmosphir either and levels don't even load sometimes)

One thing you could also try doing is have something like Call of Duty and other games like Halo implement: and have certain guns unlock at certain levels. You could even make certain guns available for stratos instead of atmos. It's got a lot more than one solution to it but if you don't want to spend stratos on abilities (which again, are pretty useless unless you're fighting in solo player seeing as there is no MP) then you can buy guns. Would be nice to see the Repetto and AX-70 being prized weapons like they already are (making them available for anywhere from 5-8 stratos is a nice idea). And also making the better weapons (can test these out manually) worth a lot more than just 500, yeah, that would be great.

As of now, I don't even have any atmos lol. Find something to do quick and if it doesn't work always have a backup plan (or in this case backup formula, in case you find the pre-existing one too slow or too good).
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
Verfi

Post by Verfi »

This is great. I miss my Atmos oh so very much :( This makes more sense than just opening it up. If we opened it up, everyone would just use chainguns.