The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Level Notice!

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Htenneb

Atmosphir Level Notice!

Post by Htenneb »

Not an Error.

I've noticed in the level browser some levels are just a bunch of blocks in mid air with the finish flag
impossible to get. I don't know why...
Anyways what I am sayin' is to " Stop uploading levels put together in let's see....35.9 seconds.
Example:

There was this level called " derp " and when you load it, you spawn and then die...you pause before you die and you realize the finish flag was put there to Troll people.

So it is just there hogging the One More Block Server Space so mabye if the Edit. Staff can find them and remove those Troll levels.

BTW

How much space does the Atmosphie server have?
Dongus

Post by Dongus »

Hm. By your description this "derp" level seems like a pretty pitiful attempt at "trolling" somebody. But nonetheless, trolls are trolls, let them have their fun. We don't want to become a fascist community do we?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Still, if it is holding server space - and is impossible to be completed then it probably doesn't need to be there.
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

But it's not worth waiting 2 mins to load.
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

I appreciate the concern, but it's not a big deal.

1) When the star rating system and search bar is fully implemented (in a month or two), this'll be a non-issue. The levels will be systematically weeded out or ignored.

2) If I delete these levels now, who's to stop people from ultimately uploading more "troll" levels? Furthermore, what's the difference between a "troll" level and just a really bad one?

Also, I don't know how much space the server has. We're just operating on the assertion that it has "enough". Don't concern yourself with such matters. We'll be the ones to worry about that.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Thanks, nin :) You're great with things like this!
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

Nice to meet u Nin
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Nin wrote:what's the difference between a "troll" level and just a really bad one?
you can't finish troll levels
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Baufritz wrote:you can't finish troll levels
To be fair, you can beat SOME troll levels. Granted, the troll probably wasn't TRYING to make it beatable, but...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

ElectroYoshi wrote:To be fair, you can beat SOME troll levels. Granted, the troll probably wasn't TRYING to make it beatable, but...
Yah i see what you mean...
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

In regards to the first question: Atmosphir is hosted on the same server as the rest of OneMoreBlock. This "server" has a total of ~50gb of space. I say "server" in quotes because it's not a dedicated server or anything, just the portion of a larger server that I pay for.

50gb might not sound like much, but keep in mind that the BIGGEST (in file size) atmosphir level on our server is only a little over half a megabyte, and the forum itself similarly doesn't take up that much space.

Now, this question DID make me somewhat curious as to exactly how much of that 50gb we're using, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. You'd think it would be listed somewhere in the server control panel, but… *shrugs*

Also, some of my super-old high school assignments are just sitting on the server. I'm not sure why the heck I put them there. I should probably get around to deleting them at some point...