The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Suggestion: Atmo:// Protocol

General discussion about Atmosphir.
freekboy31

Suggestion: Atmo:// Protocol

Post by freekboy31 »

Sharing levels is fun, I think we should implement this feature maybe some other time around.

In former game site, there were two methods on how you can play a level: web and standalone.

Web method seems possible in few months... but the standalone one is worth researching, because of its ability to share links.

One of the features that came with standalone version is its ability to read "atmo://" protocol. Once the "atmo://.....etc..." level link is clicked, it redirects you straight to the level itself in standalone.

Based on this javascript file (search with Ctrl + F and type "// Play Standalone"), the atmo:// protocol is composed of several parts.

Code: Select all

atmo://standalone' + href + '&userId=' + $('#uid').val() +'&username=' + $('#uname').val() + '&authToken=' + token + '&fbUserId=' + $('#fbUserId').val() + '&fbToken=' + $('#fbToken').val();
That's all. It takes time to explain this one. Also, this is just a heads up to our current developers.
Last edited by freekboy31 on February 14th, 2016, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

bumper to bumper, hi Nin, kroltan and Entity (a.k.a team Troposphir), I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I am kind of confused as to what exactly this does, so I will leave that to those who understand this. So, is this something you've worked on or that the team has been working on? I was sort of confused by the wording :/
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

It's a suggestion, that the feature is included in-game but not actually implemented yet.

Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

So how does this help you link levels? Posting the link in an info sticker? Or am I missing something here?
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Baufritz wrote:So how does this help you link levels? Posting the link in an info sticker? Or am I missing something here?
When you post a link on this thread, for example, Play my level! <-- when you click this, it redirects you to the game itself with the level you are playing.

Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

ooooohhhh gotcha. I thought about linking levels together *facepalm*
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Baufritz wrote:ooooohhhh gotcha. I thought about linking levels together *facepalm*

So did I, which is why I held off on posting in this thread until someone else had that cleared up. :P

But anyway, I think Kroltan is working on this with the level browser. I think this'll probably be possible before too terribly long. You'd have to ask him to know for sure though.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

As soon as I get on the winter break (South America, so not so far in time), I'll be able to finish the level browser and the launcher. And yes, it will support the Atmosphir protocol.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Wow, just now saw this. This is a great idea :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Thanks "project troposphir" devs

SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

kroltan wrote:As soon as I get on the winter break (South America, so not so far in time), I'll be able to finish the level browser and the launcher. And yes, it will support the Atmosphir protocol.
*we rejoice

Yay. :3
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.