The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Lost Drafts, Backup Anyone?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Phantomboy wrote:Wait really? That's crazy! I was always curious how they worked in the conversion of those, I thought it was some sort of desktop client they had to do manually but it could have been built into the game I suppose :P
*begins redownloading dev version
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

There was actually a period where you could force any old level to load in the new game as long as you knew the levelid via being clever with URL's. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't a strenuous process.

SirWrek wrote:*begins redownloading dev version

Except, in order to work, you'd have to find a way to upload the old levels to the play browser, and there's no way to do that atm.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Wowfunhappy wrote: Except, in order to work, you'd have to find a way to upload the old levels to the play browser, and there's no way to do that atm.
Well farts.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

My point is, don't delete them, they may be useful one day. Or not. But there's a good chance.
St0l3n_ID

Post by St0l3n_ID »

worst case scenario is use dissassembled stuff to create a conversion tool on my own, gotta look at it once i find some time
zardini001

Post by zardini001 »

I have Time Machine on my Mac, so I got back all of my old drafts that were local on the computer. :P

Ah such memories of designing fun