The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Can We Stop Blocks From Erasing Other Blocks?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
matthewbny
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Can We Stop Blocks From Erasing Other Blocks?

Post by matthewbny »

Say I tilt a block and put it on something like coordinate (30, 30, 30). Then, you put another prop like a tire there, and the block is gone, replaced by the tire. I would simple like to know if this is modifiable, and if possible, could be something we could toggle (think, booleans, true/false, yes/no).

Atmosphir extends the limits of my, as well as other people's limits, and it would be nice to see one more hurdle eliminated if possible.
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
papaya

Post by papaya »

short answer: no
use a combination of grid and freeplacing to make it so that each block doesnt conflict with another one
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Well, actually I am not sure how Atmosphir handles this. I am guessing that every block placed is likely associated with a single grid space. So, a block properties are looked at from that square. I would guess that probably has something coded in as well with how it saves each level.

But, I do not have the knowledge of the specific process to say for sure or not :/
matthewbny

Post by matthewbny »

papaya wrote:short answer: no
use a combination of grid and freeplacing to make it so that each block doesnt conflict with another one
I'm not new: of course I did, but freeplacing isn't always the desired approach especially if you want to create complex structures like ferris wheels

Speaking of which, it has the potential to save blocks on coordinates on the axis that aren't whole numbers (freeplacing) so there has to be somewhat of a potential that it can save blocks individually. The problem is I'm 98% sure it can't be changed as of now, which sucks :x

Thanks for the answers though, guys
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I don't know but supposedly props shouldn't replace blocks.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

freekboy31 wrote:I don't know but supposedly props shouldn't replace blocks.
I don't think that applies for when they're rotated
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I do this all the time. Freeplacing and rotating work wonders if this is your goal. Try that and see if it works.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

There might be some point in the future (once we have the launcher up and running) where we (well, Nin, he's a genius) can make it so that you can have multiple blocks in one grid space... but for now, that's not possible. Sorry!
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: