The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir And Unity

General discussion about Atmosphir.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Any chance of getting the cars to control better too? Seriously, the controls on the things were TERRIBLE on the old server.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Any chance of getting the cars to control better too? Seriously, the controls on the things were TERRIBLE on the old server.

I think that would require tweaking of the asset files...
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

Baufritz wrote:that would require tweaking of the asset files...
I'm too lazy to write.
zardini001

Post by zardini001 »

I think that would require tweaking of the asset files...
Im currently researching unity's asset files, and figuring out how to edit them without killing Atmosphir. Ill post some of that status here.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

What I look for:

- everyone gets car, at least a default one (with the best stats possible).
- an updater built in launcher, that if you modified one within the server, it will distribute throughout users for that.
- change clothes, all weapons
- multiplayer
- more advanced features

Good luck, sir :)
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

zardini001

Post by zardini001 »

Any of this .unity3d crap won't be the easiest thing in the world. I will give a "quick" rundown on what .unity3d file is.

.unity3d files are Asset Bundles. Asset Bundles are a collection of assets, packaged for loading at runtime (quoted from Unity's Manual of AssetBundles). Basically how Atmosphir does it, is that instead of the user having to download a new Atmosphir whenever there is a new update with content, the launcher requests a version number from the Atmosphir server, and if its not up to date, the launcher will download the newest modified assets of this new version. To conserve memory and time, Atmosphir downloads only modified assets in that current release.

Once the asset bundles are downloaded, they sit in the AssetBundles folder in the Application data, and loaded when needed.

A couple things to note that yes, if you attempt to just change the Assembly-CSharp.dll code only, there is a high chance that it will not work, due to some of the Asset Bundles containing scripts and types, because assets can contain scripts, object information such as mesh data, texture data, and other data such as collision. Also another thing is that when asset bundles are downloaded form the server or whenever Atmosphir needs to access the Asset Bundle, Atmosphir takes the script from the asset bundle (if there is a script in the bundle) in its binary format, then load it as a TextAsset. Once it becomes a text asset, Atmosphir uses the System's Reflection class to reflect the raw bytes of the TextAsset into assembly. Then finally, Atmosphir gets the type out of the byte array, and applies it to a selected GameObject (Including scripts in AssetBundles). One problem with us hackers is that there is a chance that the plain .unity3d file could be encrypted to the byte level.

I think I have a solution to getting object data from the Bundles, but requires Unity Pro, and I don't have Unity Pro. :P

Edit: After thinking about it a little bit, the Assembly-CSharp.dll is never changed. The Assembly-CSharp.dll contains valuable code about the application, and contains scripts and blah blah blah. The notable thing is that Asset Bundles and scripts inside of Atmosphir cannot change the .dll. All that happens is that the .dll contains scripts for unpacking these AssetBundles and using them when the time comes. When the time does come for them to be used, the scripts and data inside them is loaded into the scene as a instance. Technically, if you modify the .unity3d files without damaging any initialization data, we can potentially add and change things to Atmosphir. It looks like there is hope after all :)

Edit 2: Anything that deals with the editor, like capacity and grid size would be very difficult to change directly. Because that data is not loaded through .unity3d files, you would have to modify the code in the Assembly-CSharp.dll and re-reflect the reflected C# code provided by Sebastian back to Assembly.
zardini001

Post by zardini001 »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Any chance of getting the cars to control better too? Seriously, the controls on the things were TERRIBLE on the old server.

ElectroYoshi, there is a chance for modifying the controls. It isn't about the server. Its about the code. Read big blocks of text above for reasoning.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

zardini001 wrote:ElectroYoshi, there is a chance for modifying the controls. It isn't about the server. Its about the code. Read big blocks of text above for reasoning.
Yeah, I know it's about the code. I mentioned the old server because cars don't work at all yet on the OMB server.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
zardini001

Post by zardini001 »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Yeah, I know it's about the code. I mentioned the old server because cars don't work at all yet on the OMB server.
Yep yep
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Entity wrote:Hey, it's good to have you back!

I think Nin is working on the player store, so we should have cars working when that gets done.
ok, thats great to here!
markb

Post by markb »

Attention developers here is what your after to get the files from assets,unity3d packages and unity packaging files . The programs do work and they are free.

[Link Redacted]
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

markb wrote:Attention developers here is what your after to get the files from assets,unity3d packages and unity packaging files . The programs do work and they are free.

[Link Redacted]
Can you please describe exactly what the program or download link is for? Sorry I had to redact your link, but since you're a new user and this is your first post, some precaution is needed :)
If they're free software, please link to the actual official website of the programs in question. Sorry for the inconvenience.
markb

Post by markb »

Unity explorer 1.4 will fully extract unity3d packages and unity asset files.
Upugui will extract unity packaging files

both programs are very good at extracting all data

Thanks for deleting my files .It your loss not mine.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Mark, I apologise for the link being removed. I am sure that you understand precautions, especially with zip files but removing the link wasn't meant as an insult. I am sorry that it might have come off as that, recently a surprisingly exponential amount of advertising and spam accounts register -- I attempt to catch what I can but of course I am not perfect and that can lead to suspicions when an relatively new account posts a download link.

I am sorry about that!
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

markb wrote:Unity explorer 1.4 will fully extract unity3d packages and unity asset files.

Alrighty, it's all good :)
We just don't want people downloading viruses or anything from untrusted/new users, that's all.

Here's the previously redacted link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/caf44 ... Backup.rar
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

markb wrote:Unity explorer 1.4 will fully extract unity3d packages and unity asset files.

We have already created a solution to extract unity3d and asset files, however the work we are doing involves the server, not the client.

Could you perhaps provide some sort of source for this program, like a website? Because otherwise we're just downloading and running a random exe file from a stranger on the internet, which everybody knows isn't a good idea :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
markb

Post by markb »