The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Use Weapons Other Than The Default Ones

General discussion about Atmosphir.
G-Bro

Use Weapons Other Than The Default Ones

Post by G-Bro »

So, I knew about the way to get other weapons in OMB's Atmosphir, renaming the asset files to overwrite the default weapons, because the shop (and character customization in general) isn't working at the moment. While it works, it's a bit complicated, particularly for those who have no idea what they're doing in general.

So I compiled this archive for general use (and for my own convenience, as well). It contains all the weapon files (prefix ci_w_) in the AssetBundles folder, renamed to overwrite the default three weapons.
All you have to do is take the file in the weapon folder of your choice, and copy it into the AssetBundles folder. You can rename the weapon files yourself, in case you don't like what my setup for replacing the weapons is. (Melee weapons replace ci_w_wooden_sword [the stock wood sword], bomb weapons replace ci_w_buccaneer_cannon [the bomb cannon], everything else replaces ci_w_laser_blue [the laser weapon])

There is one slight problem, however; in order for the mods to take effect, you have to be playing as a guest user. Otherwise, glitchy (but seemingly harmless) things happen.

I have the download right here, helpfully in a .zip format, so just about anyone can open it without problems.

I will remove the download should any of the higher-ups have any issue with this.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I haven't tired it quite yet, but this sounds very very cool~! Not long ago I was playing around with the asset files and I entirely agree, it can be a bit confusing to switch each out manually if you don't know what you are doing-- so thank you for putting this together, G-Bro!

Super appreciated!
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

That is awesome! Thank you, and fantastic work!
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
G-Bro

Post by G-Bro »

Not a problem at all, Phantomboy! I used it myself, to make sure it works and whatnot, and it works fine! (As long as you're not signed into your account, at least...)
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Have you tried it while signed in? I haven't, but I'd wager that being signed in wouldn't really change anything.
G-Bro

Post by G-Bro »

Well, before I figured out that you had to be playing as guest for it to work, I tried just equipping a red Pulse Sword, and...this happened.

The effects of this stacked with the other stock weapons, resulting in this...

For the most part though, it just doesn't work if you're not playing as guest.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Huh, that's kinda weird... It's a place to start though.
G-Bro

Post by G-Bro »

As it turns out, unsurprisingly, you can also replace the default clothes! I haven't quite found everything for it yet, but I'm working on it. (Setting everything up in an archive will take quite a while, finding all the files, renaming them, and whatnot.)
However, I tried logging in with the clothing mods active, and, uh...

...yeah.
(R.I.P. in peace G-Bro, 1997-2015)
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Reminds me of the time we were swapping the files that the crow enemy spawns.

[media=youtube]bHZRzyGgozQ[/media]
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Bad At Gravity
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Bad At Gravity »

Frackin' Bungie.
░█▀▀█ ─█▀▀█ ░█──░█ ░█▀▀█───
░█▄▄▀ ░█▄▄█ ░█░█░█ ░█▄▄▀───
░█─░█ ░█─░█ ░█▄▀▄█ ░█─░█───