The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

multiplayer not working

General discussion about Atmosphir.
dms

multiplayer not working

Post by dms »

I been trying to get multiplayer going on my local network.
But I am getting nowhere :(
I actually had 2 different things happen on two different attempts couple of days a part.
First I got a multiplayer session going but as soon as I end up joining the session it would timeout and end.

On second try, whenever I was trying to create a multiplayer session, atmosphir would load to 99% and then just hang
there forever.

What am I missing? I don't play any multiplayer games so I feel a bit lost. Your help is much appreciated.
If you know anyone who recorded a video tutorial on starting a multiplayer game, please kindly point me to it.
Thank you.
Swords761

Re: multiplayer not working

Post by Swords761 »

We know; nacho wrote this on our discord channel a few days ago:

"To let you guys know, there was a problem with the server and it shut down for some weird reason and while starting it back up, Photon has encountered an issue with the license. I'm contacting the Photon guys now, but in the mean time multiplayer will be down."
dms

Post by dms »

Swords761 wrote:We know; nacho wrote this on our discord channel a few days ago:

"To let you guys know, there was a problem with the server and it shut down for some weird reason and while starting it back up, Photon has encountered an issue with the license. I'm contacting the Photon guys now, but in the mean time multiplayer will be down."
Got you. thank you so much. If and when it comes back on drop me a line. I'll try it again then.
CTB

Post by CTB »

same.
Back... after forever.
aitkens1

Post by aitkens1 »

Hello
This issue is posted twice, but has anyone got any more info on this. We get as far as "Error Code 1" when trying to multiplay at school.
Thanks
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

aitkens1 wrote:Hello
This issue is posted twice, but has anyone got any more info on this. We get as far as "Error Code 1" when trying to multiplay at school.
Thanks
We've explained the issue before, currently we are having issues with the host for our server and since this is a project we all work on in our spare time, we havent had much time to sort the issue. We hope to get it fixed soon.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
dms

Post by dms »

Hi all, I am wondering if there is any news on Multiplayer :)
thx
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

multiplayer works well bro

but race levels do not

it is so unstable you cant even buy a car so please let your friends know for the meantime.

and please invite them to play atmosphir
andrew26330

Post by andrew26330 »

Multiplayer sill isn't working for dms and I. Every time I try to create a session, it said it couldn't create the session. It also gave (code 1), but I couldn't find any information on it. Were using the most recent version of the launcher, and none of the computers with the launcher that we used are working. I assume the servers are still down, otherwise there's something wrong with these computers.
dms

Post by dms »

I tried and is't not working for me :(

this is what I was doing:
went to main menu, play, play coop, create, choose level, set number of players, then it goes to 99 % and hangs.
What is it I am missing? I have 5 computers that are networked.
ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

andrew26330 wrote:Multiplayer sill isn't working for dms and I. Every time I try to create a session, it said it couldn't create the session. It also gave (code 1), but I couldn't find any information on it. Were using the most recent version of the launcher, and none of the computers with the launcher that we used are working. I assume the servers are still down, otherwise there's something wrong with these computers.
We still don't have a phantom server set up to host it. It's safer to assume that it isn't working when you come to post something like this. Once it's back up we will let you know.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
dms

Post by dms »

Does freekboy31 knows some work around?
andrew26330

Post by andrew26330 »

ThatOneFox wrote:We still don't have a phantom server set up to host it. It's safer to assume that it isn't working when you come to post something like this. Once it's back up we will let you know.
Alright, thanks for the update.
accoca
Design Competitions Voted: 0

multiplayer not working

Post by accoca »

so i seem to be having the same issue, and would really like to figure out how to get things working for joining through steam, really do not want to do the workaround for disabling going through steam altogether. is there something i can do to see whats actually the problem? i cant join any multiplayer game at all.
Omnoman

Post by Omnoman »

accoca, listen.
first things first, please don't respond to threads that may soon be old enough to attend preschool. the last post was ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO.
second, multiplayer is broken. it's not up and it likely never will be.
third, there's no steam anywhere in atmosphir. no steam interaction, no steam integration, n o t h i n g.
:crate: :crow: :crate:
:crate: :geek: :crate:
:crate: :crate: :crate:
This is stupid.