The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Mausoleum of the Dark Beast

Share great levels you've made or played.
Firebreaf

Mausoleum of the Dark Beast

Post by Firebreaf »

My first level after downloading this again. I don’t even remember how long ago I played this, it just suddenly popped in my head to check and see if this was still around. Anyway, after a lot of working, reworking and some slight tweaking (a lot of tweaking actually), this is Mausoleum of the Dark Beast. (screens below)

Mausoleum of the Dark Beast (I'm not great with names) is a sort of horror themed first person level full of riddles and puzzles more than combat. I designed it with the melee weapon as the primary combat weapon. I think it fits better with the feel of the game than the guns, though the bombs are used in part of the level. (One tip: The chest of bombs respawns after 30 seconds)

It takes me about 15-20 minutes to run through it knowing where everything is, but I imagine it would take a while to figure out everything. You can take on the boss at any time, but solving all the riddles and finding the idols they hide will spawn an easier one. It’s mostly just for the experience, so I only turned on extra life score. There's a bunch of extra lives hidden around, if you can find them, but if you're really careful you can do it without them.

The design started off as just the building itself, but once I had the idea for the maze, it just kept growing until I ran out of space, so it's probably a bit bigger than it needs to be. It would have been a bigger pain to redesign it smaller, since things were already all interconnected. A lesson for future designs. I already have a concept for my next one. Anyway, give it a shot, but make sure you have time to finish it. Have fun!

Also, I had some issues during testing where things like ladders and breakable blocks would not work. Restarting the game client seems to fix any issues. I assume the size of the level is the primary cause. It's at about 100% capacity. It might be a good idea to restart before you load it up anyway. It's a big level, I'd hate for anyone to get through a bunch of it and get stuck because it bugged out.

freekboy31

Re: Mausoleum of the Dark Beast

Post by freekboy31 »

I can't see the pictures