The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Survival Of The Unseen (working Title)

Working on a new level? Have Tutorials to share? Post your work in progress here!
3ternalS0ul

Survival Of The Unseen (working Title)

Post by 3ternalS0ul »

So, this is an idea I have had for a long time. I always wanted to do something with it, and aside from Roleplaying, I've never had a way to go about it... except for one time in Minecraft, but that file is lost. Anyway, I figured that if I did this right, I could make an adventure map. So far, I only have a basic story idea. When I get time to work on the level, I will post screenshots, but being a mostly mobile user has it's disadvantages, like no Atmosphir.

[INDENT=1]The Year is 23 AO - After Outbreak[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]23 years ago, a virus of unknown origin struck. It did a number of things to a person, driving them insane, causing them to lash out at people, hallucinate and, in some cases, die... but it got worse. As time went on, everyone soon found out that the virus was also a mutagen, shifting people into deformed, horrrendus creatures. Some remained sentient for a while, others became dull and relied on primal instinct, and others remained able to funtion like humans, such as using weapons, but only saw others as enemies. No two people were bound to be the same. Most people did one of two things; take to the skies, those who would be called Aerialites, or take to the underground, those who would be called the Unseen. The latter was a bad idea, as the virus, being heavier than air, soon flooded through the various tunnel systems.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Sad to say, you are an Unseen, one of those poor souls who took to the primitive underground life. However, like a microscopic amount of the population, you are, for one reason or another, immune to the virus. Grabbing a few weapons, you run, hide and barricade yourself in a room, until you feel ready to escape. You have a small amount of ammo in your primitive bomb launcher, you're carrying a sword barely fit to be a toy... but they are all you have, save for a depleted energy blaster discarded from the futuristic society of the floating world above the surface. Now, all you can do is ask yourself... are you ready to face the danger, or will you die with your hope of a new life?[/INDENT]

So, what do you guys think? Does it need tweaking, or should I go for it? I plan on sketching out a floorplan, complete with secrets, and even making it a multi-leveled map for the climb to the surface.