The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

New To Or Returning To The Community? Introduce Yourself Here!

A place to talk about our community
Fennetz
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Re: New To Or Returning To The Community? Introduce Yourself Here!

Post by Fennetz »

Well... hi...
I've been lurking here for a while, playing some levels and playing with the level editor. I found this community by looking up something about Atmosphir, and finding that a working, internet connected, download of the game was available. I'm happy to see that beyond the game, the community is still active.
I started playing Atmosphir when I was like 10 or 12 or something. My name was dogboy, and then happydog (new account to get the starter atmos again...) I joined some time after the game got ported to Unity, and before the industrial props were added. I enjoyed figuring out the game's logic and how to make things with it. When I first sat down with the level editor, I played with it's features for a long time. Anyway I was pretty awkward and thought that this community and game was cool. I wasn't very popular and got exited whenever someone commented on one of my little levels. I did occasionally poke around the forums, mostly in suggestions, where I probably didn't use the search box enough. After the Atmosphir website went down, I never quite gave up on finding the community and the game again.
I'm still pretty awkward and will probably be relatively quiet around the forums, at least at first. I don't have loads of time for Atmosphir, but I'm happy to be here. Maybe I'll even upload a level eventually

Oh, and happy new year!
Fennetz

Post by Fennetz »

Well I think my first introduction I tried to make a few minutes ago has been lost to the void forever, so, Hello...
I started playing Atmosphir when I was like 11 or something. My name was dogboy, and later (for the sake of getting starter atmos again...) it was happydog. I joined after the switch to Unity and before industrial props were added. I was never very popular, and always got excited when my little levels got plays or comments. I played on an old laptop that somehow ran Atmosphir, though with glitches like glass being no more transparent than ice. Atmosphir was, in a way, my introduction to programming, and to experiencing the internet on my own.
After the original website went down, I never quite gave up on finding the game's community again. I eventually ran into this website, where I've been lurking for a while. Playing levels, playing with the level editor, and quietly browsing the forums.
I'm kind of awkward and probably won't be very active on the forums, at least at first. Maybe I'll even post a level here eventually.

So, hi, and happy new year
Fennetz

Post by Fennetz »

Oh, posts have to be reviewed before they appear. Sorry for not reading that the first time and double-posting :oops:
LordFinnagin

Post by LordFinnagin »

Oh wow. I just got an email from here. Hey everyone. Used to be big into Atmosphir back in the day.
TMW12

Post by TMW12 »

Keep forgetting and then remembering you guys. Glad I keep remembering, though. So, hey, here I am again.
Rattle

Re:

Post by Rattle »

papaya wrote:HEY GUYS I'M NEW WHATS GOING ON

I UNDERSTAND EVERYONE HERE IS SUPER COOL SINCE WE ALL PLAY MINECRAFT

but seriously i've missed you guys

i haven't
danm he got us.. rip
Miniike

Re: Re:

Post by Miniike »

Rattle wrote:
papaya wrote:HEY GUYS I'M NEW WHATS GOING ON

I UNDERSTAND EVERYONE HERE IS SUPER COOL SINCE WE ALL PLAY MINECRAFT

but seriously i've missed you guys

i haven't
danm he got us.. rip
ebst opst
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
EllipsisQ

Post by EllipsisQ »

Hello people!

I'm sort of returning, but also kind of new, as I did play Atmosphir for a while way back in the day, but I wasn't really part of the community. I probably won't be seen much here, since college will be resuming soon and I'll be swamped with assignments and social interaction, but I have an account here now.
...?
lorenzochomp

Post by lorenzochomp »

Hi there, guys! I knew about this forum from the Atmosphir Alumni FB group, but never had the time to actually take a good look at it. So many familiar names and good memories! I'll try the "Atmosphir Community Edition, I'm sure I'll like it :)
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

lorenzochomp wrote:Hi there, guys! I knew about this forum from the Atmosphir Alumni FB group, but never had the time to actually take a good look at it. So many familiar names and good memories! I'll try the "Atmosphir Community Edition, I'm sure I'll like it :)
Welcome! I've definitely seen your username around, sounds familiar.

Please do join us over on our discord. Most of the activity and chat happens over there nowadays :)
lorenzochomp

Post by lorenzochomp »

bionicnacho wrote:
lorenzochomp wrote:Hi there, guys! I knew about this forum from the Atmosphir Alumni FB group, but never had the time to actually take a good look at it. So many familiar names and good memories! I'll try the "Atmosphir Community Edition, I'm sure I'll like it :)
Welcome! I've definitely seen your username around, sounds familiar.

Please do join us over on our discord. Most of the activity and chat happens over there nowadays :)
Thanks! And yes, I was one of the game developers, in fact :) I joined the team when MiSt decided to switch the old engine in favour of Unity, and stayed almost 'till the last days of doom, haha
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

hey thank you for developing the best atmosphir