The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Found A Game Similar To Atmosphir/voxelus.

Everything video game related
Soccerstar

Found A Game Similar To Atmosphir/voxelus.

Post by Soccerstar »

Hey guys, if you haven't forgotten me already, I was just surfing the web and came across this game called "Kogama." It looks really similar to Atmosphir with the blocky feel of Voxelus. As far as I can tell right now it's completely multiplayer but I'm not entirely sure yet. I know they have co-op editing which is a step up from what we're used to. I haven't really played around much with it yet because it seems to require a mouse and I'm on my laptop, but if you guys haven't heard of it, check it out. It might be worth something.

If you and I both decide to stay there for a while, add me as a friend. I'm Soccerstar (well DUH :P ).
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

I looked at it, but didn't like the editor much... It is too small scaled, you can't build a big and detailed map easily. Also, the gameplay options are very limited (at least at the time of my visit, about 2 months ago). Better than nothing, though.

Another epic game that includes coop editing is Sauerbraten, a multiplayer arena shooter with a really awesome map editor and a scripting language for interactivity. It even comes with a mod that transforms it into an RPG (pretty bad, though) to show all the possibilities.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Yeah, there was a thread posted about games like atmosphir which included this game in it. I'll leave this thread here for a discussion more focused towards Kogama, but yeah.

I haven't tried it but I guess I'll try it out when I get the chance!
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Soccerstar :D

I saw this somewhere (it might have been that other thread) and was reluctant to try it because it looked so similar to Barbie and the Magic of Pegasis

EDIT: well it's censored but hint: it's the R word.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Ah right, Rob/ox. To be honest - I have yet to find a game that catches me like Atmosphir did, but I always stay optimistic :D