The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Lightning Returns Is Coming Out Soon!

Everything video game related
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Lightning Returns Is Coming Out Soon!

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

For any fans of the FFXIII Series, the next installment comes out on February 11th for North America, and February 14th for the UK. I've had a chance to play the demo, and I'm pretty excited.
[media=youtube]b9OGgEyoF5Y[/media]
[media=youtube]0RF5eQi22QU[/media]
[media=youtube]DhfFKLFErAs[/media]
Spoiler
%startannounce Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII comes out for North America in %time. %endannounce %ends2/11/2014
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Like I understand that turn based battles are basically required in the FF series (much like in Pokemon), but it's really kinda a turnoff for me. Everything about the game looks amazing, graphics, story, voice acting... but the turn based battles... :/ If it were real time combat like Zelda I'd definitely get it.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Entity wrote:Like I understand that turn based battles are basically required in the FF series (much like in Pokemon), but it's really kinda a turnoff for me. Everything about the game looks amazing, graphics, story, voice acting... but the turn based battles... :/ If it were real time combat like Zelda I'd definitely get it.
The XIII series isn't turn based. Its been menu based, but not turn based. Everything is realtime. I hate turn based games as well.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Huh, really??
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

You're able to launch commands as you please, at any point in time. The only thing holding you back is a recharge gauge, and having to maintain a chain gauge. If you act too slow or plan your attacks poorly, the chain gauge drops, and your enemy takes much longer to destroy.