The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Free To Play: The Movie

Everything video game related
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Free To Play: The Movie

Post by Baufritz »

[media=youtube]UjZYMI1zB9s[/media]

So Valve made a Movie about eSports... I have yet to find the time to watch it.
Anyone seen this yet? Opinions?
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

It seems pretty interesting! I'll be sure to check it out when I have some time left over.
Giantfishy
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Giantfishy »

I watched it the other day. I really loved it, although I'm not sure how it would be for non-Dota players.

Cinematography and production values are excellent though. Would highly recommend.
OkaySandwich

Post by OkaySandwich »

I've watched this about five times now...
It's amazingly absorbing. Being an avid Dota player, I don't know how it'd be for anyone else, but a friend who has never played a moba thought it was incredible.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I've never played many online multiplayer-type games that are in a massive crowd. However, I have watched the first twenty minutes of this film - I have to say it was rather well done. I would say it's up to if not a bit above the quality of a lot of the televised documentaries I've seen :) So, very good job on valves part!
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

Yeah, I think the point it's trying to make about professional gaming becoming a much larger deal and how this event in 2011 was one of, if not THE thing to turn the scene on its head and becoming a profitable career / way of life (and Twitch is now a huge component of this alongside tourneys) is illustrated by the video very well. Having a personal story with three different team members made it more engaging as a non-Dota player. Anyone who believes in gaming for a living and wants inspiration or just a nice story about the 2011 Dota tournament and what it meant for gamers should watch this video.