The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Fight The Dragon - Build, Explore, Battle & Loot!

Everything video game related
Mr. Grim

Fight The Dragon - Build, Explore, Battle & Loot!

Post by Mr. Grim »

Image Fight The Dragon is a USER GENERATED Hack'n Slash RPG where players can team up and tackle exciting adventures made by other users in our in-game Adventure Construction Kit (ACK). Players can play single player, local split-screen (2 players) or online multiplayer (4 players) to complete 10-15 minute adventures in a non-linear order, which allows players to jump in for a quick fix or play multiple adventures over longer play sessions. Collect loot, level up, conquer enemies and become a master adventurer! What is the ACK to OneMoreBlock?

The ACK is an Atmosphir-esque level editor with controller and keyboard and mouse compatibility.
It allows users to create grandiose levels with simplicity.

It consists of a toolbar with all the options you can place. Some are not implemented.
The Editor is Atmosphir-esque in its layout and ways of placement.
You don't have as high of a height limit due to this being an isometric ARPG but you do have a grand space to construct lengthy levels.

View more about the ACK here.
Spoiler
Image Image
The Gameplay
The controls are very simple with a movement keys, attack, block, and spells.
You level up your character by playing through user-created levels. Where you will then be able to fight the dragon and get higher on the leaderboards.

You have a world hub to edit and customize. From there you can choose to explore levels, create or even show off what you have. Players can jump into your world hub and view what you ahve also. Not fully implemented. Here is a trailer [media=youtube]F-qDNDQocp8[/media] Where can I play Fight the Dragon!? FTD is currently on Steam Early Access for the price of $15 [USD]. By purchasing the game you can help out with development and ideas in the forums. The price limits the amount of waste levels and brings a better environment. -At the moment you can not view other users and friends levels through search. Instead levels are found by picking a square from the level tree and jumping in. You can play all levels with friends.- How do I play with the OMB community!? Requirements: Skype ID Copy of Fight the Dragon on Steam Steam Username (We recommend you have a Mic. You don't need one.) (We recommend using controller. You don't need one.) Post this on the thread or have a user in the group add you. Be patient.
After joining post your steam page URL and say hi! :) If you do not meet requirements you will be sent to the OMB Normal Skype group. We want to limit the amount of users in here because some of us prefer to play MP with a mic. Current OneMoreDragon Members: Helpers: Me (Ms. Grim) ZeroSwordsMaster Artized StreetLights Normals: GeckoCookie
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

That skype link doesn't work on my end :P

Anyway, as I've said before, the game looks really interesting and I definitely want to try it out. But it is $15... $15 that I don't have. I love the art style and the gameplay itself looks pretty cool.
Rabbidfan236
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

Remember when game developers used to pay US for beta testing their games, instead of the other way around?

The game looks cool though, I'll have to look into it more.
Mr. Grim

Post by Mr. Grim »

Rabbidfan236 wrote:Remember when game developers used to pay US for beta testing their games, instead of the other way around?

The game looks cool though, I'll have to look into it more.
It's not going to be free to play. It's in early access. And I know you don't remember that cause you aren't old enough mate. Infact, that never really happened. You just asked people nearby to try it out or you showed it off at a place which people had to pay to come to. Please don't make uneducated comments. Thank you.

I feel like anyone who complains about a $15 price tag shouldn't even be worth the time and effort especially when they rip quotes from the internet that were also uneducated, so they can use it as if it pertains to them. I would only call it unacceptable if the game was being sold in an extremely early broken state or for a high price, but the fact that it's $15 and in a good state should not even receive complaints. I pointed it out in the thread.

The reason why I'm making this post right now is to avoid anymore complaints about price because I've already seen it elsewhere, and I don't have time to respond with a simple sentence to every single thing.

This thread isn't for complaints it is for discussion, ideas, and getting together.
Mr. Grim

Post by Mr. Grim »

Mr. Grim wrote:It's not going to be free to play. It's in early access. And I know you don't remember that cause you aren't old enough mate. Infact, that never happened really. Please don't make uneducated comments. Thank you.