The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

E3 2014 General: Hype, Anticipation, Predictions (and Disappointment) Galore!

Everything video game related

Will this year's E3 be better than last year's?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
13%
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
88%

Total votes: 8

TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

E3 2014 General: Hype, Anticipation, Predictions (and Disappointment) Galore!

Post by TheLastLink »

Since E3 is happening in a few short weeks, I thought we might take this time to discuss what everyone what everyone thinks.

What do you guys think will happen at E3, what do you want to see, etc.

Starting point: Nintendo skipping an E3 presentation again this year

GO
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I predict that E3 will happen to showcase games this year. They may be old, new or a remake. Yes, it will likely showcase games.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

ThatOneFox
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ThatOneFox »

Well, nintendo have officially screwed themselves...
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Ah, I just looked up the Nintendo thing! I don't know, I don't think it is a bad thing. The way the report I read stated it was they would be doing some sort of live streamed video and a tournament of some kind. So, that isn't really that disappointing to me.

In terms of what I would like to see, I don't know - I am not overly picky. I want to see more 2D stuff, I think many developers have tried to put behind them the fact that games are an animated medium. A lot of focus has been put towards realistic fidelity, so I think we've lost some of that quirky animation stylizations. So, I am interested in what new concepts are brought to the table.

I am fairly behind the times in the latest releases, so what's new? What's interesting? I honestly don't remember what came out at the last E3, So what do you recommend?
papaya

Post by papaya »

i hope they announce ridge racer
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

We at Nintendo are proud to announce that the next game in our beloved Zelda series is....

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD 2

WE HOPE YOU LOOK FORWARD TO THIS AMAZING NEW TITLE FROM NINTENDO THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT
tta

Post by tta »

smash bros

that is all
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

StreetLights wrote:Well, nintendo have officially screwed themselves...

Because whether they choose to do a mass presentation determines EVERYTHING about their long term future <_< (Although I do fail to see how exactly they benefit from not doing it).

But anyhoo, I'm always excited for E3 as a whole, so I can never get into very many specifics. :P

I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing about the new Zelda though.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
papaya

Post by papaya »

TheLastLink wrote:We at Nintendo are proud to announce that the next game in our beloved Zelda series is....

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD 2

WE HOPE YOU LOOK FORWARD TO THIS AMAZING NEW TITLE FROM NINTENDO THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT

hello yes it is me nintendo
i am pleased to announce that we are going to continue wringing the zelda and mario franchises until they bleed

enjoy your rehash of OoT
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

papaya wrote:hello yes it is me nintendo
i am pleased to announce that we are going to continue wringing the zelda and mario franchises until they bleed

enjoy your rehash of OoT
Sorry nintendo fans, but...

So much this.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Because whether they choose to do a mass presentation determines EVERYTHING about their long term future <_< (Although I do fail to see how exactly they benefit from not doing it).

But anyhoo, I'm always excited for E3 as a whole, so I can never get into very many specifics. :P

I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing about the new Zelda though.
I'm trying to keep my expectations down near nothing, so that I can be surprised. I don't to have another Skyward Sword-class disappointment.

Also they're not doing a presentation because a proprietary event where they can discuss things on their own terms is more desirable than the typical E3 presentation where you have to plan your presentation based on what you think the others will do. Nintendo doesn't want to compete with Sony and MS.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

TheLastLink wrote: Also they're not doing a presentation because a proprietary event where they can discuss things on their own terms is more desirable than the typical E3 presentation where you have to plan your presentation based on what you think the others will do. Nintendo doesn't want to compete with Sony and MS.
Yeah, I can understand that. Nintendo has always operated a lot differently than Sony and MS, so I can see why a special E3 Direct might suit them better.

Still, I can't shake the feeling that they need that extra bit of publicity, as many of their current struggles can be solved with better marketing. And what better way to market than by announcing games live at E3? I mean, the ONLY good ads I've ever seen out of Nintendo were the ones for Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. And even those weren't that great, they were barely good enough to actually be "good".

But then again, I was skeptical about their 2013 E3 Direct for the same reason, and that still worked out OK. Maybe it's just a matter of me being overly analytical.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Until Nintendo pushes out another Legend Of Zelda game, I probably won't be getting a Wii U. That's really their only highlight for me.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

If you didn't see this post already in "Tomodachi Life Fiasco":

GUYS GUYS the Nintendo Digital Event for E3 was leaked early:

[media=youtube]BGL156fgSdU[/media]
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

I'd say it's about time for a bump.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I heard something of a leaked MarioMaker photo for the duel-screen. That sounds quite neat as I can't recall Nintendo ever officially having a level maker. I haven't really heard much for Sony and Microsoft, granted what I have seen in fairly limited - I hardly seek out information on the event. So what's the new things? What are most people excited for?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Nintendo's entire presentation may or may not have leaked early...
Spoiler
Personally, I doubt this is real, but it's still interesting to theorize over. :3
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

No skyward thrust 2 = fake
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Nintendo's entire presentation may or may not have leaked early...
Spoiler
Personally, I doubt this is real, but it's still interesting to theorize over. :3
It just has fake written all over it. I can't imagine that they would name the next Zelda something as stupid as "Unbound King". And I'm pretty sure they've already released or are about to release Pushmo World. I don't see why they would show that.

With that said this one of the more convincing "leaks".
tta

Post by tta »

Miniike wrote:No skyward thrust 2 = fake

>skyward thrust

win