The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

E3 2014 General: Hype, Anticipation, Predictions (and Disappointment) Galore!

Everything video game related

Will this year's E3 be better than last year's?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
13%
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
88%

Total votes: 8

Miniike

Post by Miniike »

tta wrote:>skyward thrust

win
nintendo's goin in dry
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

In the interest of discussion, here's a list of games confirmed or rumored to be at E3.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Gosh, I am absolutely abysmal at recognising games by purely their titles alone.

Anyways, I as a person-guy who doesn't really have any of the latest consoles - I suppose I am mostly interested in finding games amongst all of these that might clear up what I might purchase down the line.

It is become increasingly harder to tell if a trailer is pre-rendered or is actually from the game itself, as the fidelity of each are approaching near matches to one another. Although, that depends heavily on the system, game aesthetic and what is shown, I suppose.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

TheLastLink wrote:It just has fake written all over it. I can't imagine that they would name the next Zelda something as stupid as "Unbound King". And I'm pretty sure they've already released or are about to release Pushmo World. I don't see why they would show that.

With that said this one of the more convincing "leaks".

Yeah. Like I said, I think it can be safely assumed that it's totally fake. The only reason I didn't totally discount the possibility of it being real is because Yarn Yoshi is listed on there, and it was ALMOST shown at E3 last year before Nintendo decided it wasn't ready to be shown off just yet.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Prediction (Nah): PS Wii One Gets announced, able to play games from all three major consoles, with full motion control capability, touch screen pads, and plenty more of Kinect!
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Anyone else feel like a lot of stuff is being revealed that should've been saved for E3? The GameCube adapter for the Wii U, Halo 5, etc., feel like they should've been saved, and the amount of leaks and pre-reveals have reached ridiculous levels.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

E3 has happened. Games were announced.

Discuss.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

E3 has happened. Games were announced.

Discuss.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

My highlights this year came from Sony and Nintendo:

Sony:
  • The Order: 1886 looks interesting
  • Entwined sounds really addicting
  • Counterspy and Helldivers look pretty good
  • Far Cry 4 seems like its shaping up nicely
  • No Man's Sky looks pretty
Nintendo:
  • Yoshi's Woolly World looks charming and fun to play
  • Splatoon sounds interesting
  • Devil's Third sounds cool
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse sounds like fun
  • To my surprise, as I was kind of hoping Nintendo would cut back on Mario this year, Mario Maker and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker look REALLY neat
But this announcement in particular got me REALLY excited:
[media=youtube]mM9MGY2OL8o[/media]
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Sony:
Nintendo:
  • To my surprise, as I was kind of hoping Nintendo would cut back on Mario this year, Mario Maker and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker look REALLY neat
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Sony:
Nintendo:
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

New Zelda looks great. The push towards non-linearity with A Link Between Worlds is a welcome change from Twilight Princess and Skyward Thrust.

Graphics tis nice also.

EDIT: Also, the guy in the gameplay trailer (probably the main character) might not be Link. OMGSCANDEL
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Imo MS have saved themselves in this e3 conference. Not once did they call the Xbox ONE a water cooler, so that must be a step in the right direction.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I was unaware that was ever something the had called the One :P Uh, as a person who still hasn't picked up a single one of the new consoles, I think my coins are on the Wii U but I am going to wait for the first price drop, possibly next year or the following :)
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Here are some things you may have missed:

"We're making a new James Bond game that's going to fix the issues in Bloodstone and Legends."

"Assassin's Creed: Unity's name actually stems from the fact that it is being made completely using Unity 3D."

"Dying Light is actually the highly anticipated sequel to 007: The Living Daylights and stars the voice of Sean Connery."

"Valve and Sony are working together to create Half-Life 3: The Last Guardian. G-Man stands for Guardian Man."

"Please return your copies of Mario Kart 8. We meant to release that in 2015 as well."

"We were going to produce Injustice 2, but then I stepped on a Lego while we were drawing up concepts."

"We aren't going to be making a fifth part to TWAU because we need more time to work on TWD. Here's a refund."

"We're already working on The Amazing Spider-Man 3 because of the immense success with TAS2."

"Introducing Miyamoto's newest project! Cooking Mama U: Paula Deen and Martha Stewart Edition!"

"We are never making another GTA because GTA V was so successful. Instead we're making Goat Sims. They're cool."

"Just kidding- Ground Zeroes was MGS V. Trololololololololol."

"Since EverQuest is being remade, we decided to return RuneScape to its original format."

"Rambo: The Video Game is getting a sequel for iOS called Rambo: All You Need is Knife."

"We're retiring Mario and Luigi. From now on all of our games will star Waluigi instead."

"Instead of ever making Gears of War 4 or Bulletstorm 2, we're taking over Dragon Ball Z."

"We just bought the rights to make Zork 3 guys. Coming 2015!"

"Respawn Entertainment releases details about Call of Duty 2100: Titanfall 2."

"Eric Cantor takes job offer from EA after losing primary. Becomes president of company."

"I hate to break it to you people, but we actually only included 1000 spikes in 1001 Spikes. I'm sorry."

"A Card Hunter sequel was in the works, but we decided to sell it to Midway instead. Oh wait, they don't exist."

"Fable Legends will be more like everyone's favorite Fable game, Fable: The Journey."

"We've bought Realmforge Studios and have decided to make Assassin's Creed: Dark our next project."

"Instead of making a sequel to The Last of Us, we're created a prequel called The First of Us. Slated for a 2017 release."

"We're making a sequel to State of Decay called Hamlet: Something Rotten in the State of Denmark."
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
papaya

Post by papaya »

Miniike wrote: EDIT: Also, the guy in the gameplay trailer (probably the main character) might not be Link. OMGSCANDEL
it was very clearly link wtf is everyone talking about

i though everyone who actually liked legend of zelda (and hasn't yet grown up (sorry tll)) stroked themselves to sleep over the thought of another rehash of ocarina of time

how much of a rehash would it be if it didn't feature the same character it always has?
imagine if they did that with mario - make a new game but have it feature not-mario? It'd be shit!
oh wait

luigi wasn't screaming cause of the ghosts, he was screaming cause he knew how much his game sucked arse
papaya

Post by papaya »

ElectroYoshi wrote: Nintendo:

didnt watch sony's e3 so i wont comment on that
but
yoshi's woolly world looked like it would play as any other yoshis island except now he's made of wool (didn't kirby already do that)
splatoon best game of e3 splatoon-squid-girl is my new waifu (if you call it just 'squid girl' i will punch you in the face)
who cares about devil's third
wasn't kirby and the rainbow curse a game we already love (kirby) but with a funky new artstyle (what the fuck nintendo you can't do that twice in one e3)
captain toad was the worst part of mario 3d land literally dull as fuck
mario maker second best game of e3 if it's not crap

as i've said many times before LoZ is a franchise that people should really let nintendo bury because it's so shit
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I was honestly impressed with the trailer of Legend of Zelda, of course I have looked at absolutely no gameplay footage - so grain of salt and all that.

As for Kirby, I don't know, I think it is kind of neat to see some games taking advantage of the stylus and touch screen on the Wii U. The art style is really cute, so it wins a sticker in my book.

I think Mario Maker is kind of a hard game for them to 'show off' as it is really more of a tedious tinker toy than a breath taking visual experience, so I look forward to see what people come up with..
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Nintendo hinted it might not be Link. Or maybe they just don't care.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Miniike wrote:
EDIT: Also, the guy in the gameplay trailer (probably the main character) might not be Link. OMGSCANDEL
People on Facebook have been theorizing over this a lot. A lot of them think this points to either a) fully customizable characters, or b) a new protagonist entirely. Personally, my money's on A, because I feel like Nintendo would've done more to set this guy apart from Link if he wasn't.
Phantomboy wrote:I was honestly impressed with the trailer of Legend of Zelda, of course I have looked at absolutely no gameplay footage - so grain of salt and all that.

I think Mario Maker is kind of a hard game for them to 'show off' as it is really more of a tedious tinker toy than a breath taking visual experience, so I look forward to see what people come up with..
Believe it or not, the Zelda trailer was actual gameplay. I think the cameras were positioned differently then they were in-game, a la Mario Kart, but all if that stuff is possible in-game.

With respect to MM, I was kind of the same way. I'm HOPING it's released as an eShop app instead of a full-fledged retail title, because it's a game that relies on UGC, and I don't think those are worth $60.