The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Interplanetary

Everything video game related

Yes?

Yes.
50%
Yes.
50%

Total votes: 2

LoneRanger
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Interplanetary

Post by LoneRanger »

Entirely unrelating to anything OMB is about, but still interesting:

[INDENT=1]Interplanetary is a turn-based strategy artillery game based on a hard scifi setting. It offers players an interplanetary battlefield where they can develop their home planets and use massive artilleries to wage war.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]It's an arms race of interplanetary scale, with each planet developing increasingly powerful railguns, missiles and even beam weapons. Sometimes, the greatest foe is the unpredictable planetary system with its treacherous gravity wells. Mind your surroundings, use them to your advantage and blast your enemies back to the stone age.[/INDENT]
[media=youtube]NJ63vt9RQRY[/media] Definitely a game worth trying, only $10 and Early Access. Community is small, but playing with people is absolutely awesome. Plenty of updates to come to the game. I'm probably going to either (a) convince friends to buy the game or (b) buy the game and convince friends to play it (alt (c) force them to play it under the premise of "I bought it for you so you have to play it.")
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Putting this right on over to Gaming Gossip ;P

This actually looks pretty neat, like I am not at all a turn based kind of game-person, but this still looks pretty cool and I think accounting for the planetary system is a neat touch! Very interesting!
LoneRanger

Post by LoneRanger »

Phantomboy wrote:Putting this right on over to Gaming Gossip ;P

Oh. Duh. Thanks!
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

0/10 not my kind of game.
LoneRanger

Post by LoneRanger »

Wazi wrote:0/10 not my kind of game.

Not really mine either in some respects; talking to one of the developers, they had considered making the game an RTS as it would be "crazy fun," but it's just technically impossible. I usually only play RTS's, and see great potential for this sort of concept to be an RTS, but as a turn-based game it's insanely fun. Takes a game or two to catch on to the strategies, but when you get the hang of it it's complex and totally cool. The only Greenlit Steam game to really catch my attention.
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

So, Planetary annihilation in turns?
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

A similar game is Planetary Annihilation, it's a RTS, however.
LoneRanger

Post by LoneRanger »

kroltan wrote:A similar game is Planetary Annihilation, it's a RTS, however.

Looked into Planetary Annihilation - looks interesting, though reviews and whatnot say Supreme Commander (the original) is better as of now, on top of being cheaper.
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

LoneRanger wrote:Looked into Planetary Annihilation - looks interesting, though reviews and whatnot say Supreme Commander (the original) is better as of now, on top of being cheaper.
Indeed, but let's emphasise the fact that it's in Alpha, and that it's a direct descendant of SC, which was released not that long ago. I suppose it's very complicated to balance a game where you can build rockets onto a planet drive it while having thousands of units off-screen in other planets. I think it's promising, to say the least.