The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Star Citizen

Everything video game related
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Star Citizen

Post by Baufritz »

Just found this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Discuss.

This is pretty much what I wanted to play since about 6 years. If it holds up to what it's promising, this will be one heck of a game.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

Honestly, I'd rather have another Descent game.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Ah, not really for me - but it is sort of neat the influx of the space games in recent years - I think it is quite the lovely set to design a game in. So for it's fans, I wish the developers the best!
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Baufritz wrote:Just found this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

Discuss.

This is pretty much what I wanted to play since about 6 years. If it holds up to what it's promising, this will be one heck of a game.
You hadn't seen Star Citizen yet?! It's coming along quite well, especially with the modes offered already to backers.
TheLastLink wrote:Honestly, I'd rather have another Descent game.
I'd be for that, as well.
Phantomboy wrote:Ah, not really for me - but it is sort of neat the influx of the space games in recent years - I think it is quite the lovely set to design a game in. So for it's fans, I wish the developers the best!
Yes, it is coming along quite nicely, and looks very good as well- especially as Kick-funded games go and in comparison to some other projects on the site.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh, it's from kickstarter? That's really really neat! I am happy that their project got of the ground and is going so well :)
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Phantomboy wrote:Oh, it's from kickstarter? That's really really neat! I am happy that their project got of the ground and is going so well :)
Last I checked it had easily over $2 million dollars in pledges (well exceeding the $500,000 goal). It also has over 30,000 backers. It's getting to be pretty epic.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

SirWrek wrote:Last I checked it had easily over $2 million dollars in pledges (well exceeding the $500,000 goal). It also has over 30,000 backers. It's getting to be pretty epic.
You forgot that it got about $20 million in investment funds.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

TheLastLink wrote:You forgot that it got about $20 million in investment funds.
True.