The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

I Need Help, Getting Xbox One But Have A Question!

Everything video game related
Jamesski

I Need Help, Getting Xbox One But Have A Question!

Post by Jamesski »

an you record audio with the headset, like when you upload a video to xbox, the ones you make with a capture card, can you use the headset to record audio with it?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

From my experience, capture cards take the direct audio out - literally what you hear, and cycle it through to the computer. So if it isn't audio you would typically hear over the speaker then no. Granted, I am unfamiliar with the One - perhaps there is a way to switch the Xbox to play your headset aloud. However, it is often times best to have a separate system, like a desktop mic, to record game commentary with - as you have more freedom in the editing process.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Yeah, I think Phantom nailed it with his point about the separate system. Sorry, I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear... I feel like I might know someone irl who managed to pull off something like what you describe, but I don't know if it was with an XBO, nor do I even know if it's the same thing.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Also, something worth noting. So, the capture card is taking the audio video and stereo tracks in via AV/HDMI cabling, what this means is that there won't be cables to go into the TV. So, if you want to still be able to watch and hear your video (and don't want to simply watch the preview in your capture software - which is often times sluggish and tiny) you will likely need some sort of cable splitter that allows cables to go from your Xbox and then split into the TV and capture device.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

thanks guys!
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

I Need Help, Getting Xbox One
Fixed.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
tta

Post by tta »

>getting xbone

well there's your first problem