The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

What Is The Most Overrated Game/series Ever?

Everything video game related
Echo

Post by Echo »

Lemon wrote:When I saw the thread title, I went to post this, but I guess I am over a month late.

I don't care what anyone says, CoD is absolutely THE MOST overrated series ever produced.
Cod is like the best game ever.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Echo wrote:Cod is like the best game ever.
Agreed, I love fishing.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Echo

Post by Echo »

Miniike wrote:Agreed, I love fishing.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Echo wrote:(pic)
Actually, I hate fishing, and I haven't played enough CoD to really hate it...
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Skyshark wrote:So your argument for why LoZ isn't overrated is because a) Skyward Sword uses motion controls that require a peripheral to do what it was supposed to do in the first place, and b) that it has better graphics? Or are you talking about the reboots that actually don't change core mechanics of the game or even add new dungeons, items or optional side-quests?
I see your point and agree.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

I also find SMG 2 to be overrated. For one, it was WAY to easy, even more so then the original. (Grandmaster Galaxy? Pff.) I also found the stages to be more gimmicky then creative. But mostly, it's just too similar to the original. They had no innovation, period.

I really can't judge Call of Duty, but why do people call THAT out for franchise milking and not SMG2 or....*shudder*...Pokemon.

I'm just going to say this once and for all about Pokemon: there really aren't that many problems with it from a technical perspective. I just don't enjoy it. I find it boring, with really no incentive to "catch 'em all". The games are fine, they're just overly milked and not something I enjoy.

We clear?

Now give me five.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I would say that Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New! Super Mario Bros (and its many iterations) are both quite overrated.. As for instance Galaxy 2 basically amounts to a patch of Galaxy 1 with some new levels. Also, it kind of seems Nintendo is packaging just about every release with another New! Super Mario Bros.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:I would say that Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New! Super Mario Bros (and its many iterations) are both quite overrated.. As for instance Galaxy 2 basically amounts to a patch of Galaxy 1 with some new levels. Also, it kind of seems Nintendo is packaging just about every release with another New! Super Mario Bros.
I hope to God that knock that off soon. Don't get me wrong, I love all four NSMB games, but they need to know when to quit.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I hope to God that knock that off soon. Don't get me wrong, I love all four NSMB games, but they need to know when to quit.
Agreed.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Miniike wrote:Agreed.
ElectroYoshi wrote:I hope to God that knock that off soon. Don't get me wrong, I love all four NSMB games, but they need to know when to quit.
Yeah, but in all honesty - why would they? Each game seems to be selling really well - thus, making money..
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Phantomboy wrote:Yeah, but in all honesty - why would they? Each game seems to be selling really well - thus, making money..
OH NOES! NINTENDO IS TURNING INTO...well...everyone else.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:Yeah, but in all honesty - why would they? Each game seems to be selling really well - thus, making money..
Well, I try to think of it like this: At least you can distinguish the four games from each other. The games are pretty formulaic, but they're not nehehearly formulaic enough to qualify as carbon copies.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Well, I try to think of it like this: At least you can distinguish the four games from each other. The games are pretty formulaic, but they're not nehehearly formulaic enough to qualify as carbon copies.
Yeah, fair enough. Each title does have its own difference, usually to utilize the main facet of the device.