The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Do You Have Trouble Keeping Your Files Secret?

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Do You Have Trouble Keeping Your Files Secret?

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Do you have trouble keeping your written files hidden from others? Especially private photo's you don't want people seeing?

We'll, your in luck.

Be it writing a private diary, transporting government information, or hiding your private photo's, this program should do the trick.

Heck, you can paste any files you want into the encrypted file you create.
*Warning, pasting in video will kill the program without remorse*

Presenting the all new Document Shelter, using government standard encryption to keep your files safe.

Windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u2pbtmxczuppww2
Linux (Requires mono runtime to be installed):
http://www.mediafire.com/?eapxupaxf44uxjf

Tutorial To Use Software.
[media=youtube]xTHdUpIkT80[/media]

Features:
  • AES File Encryption
  • Encrypt rich text, standalone files, or bundle multiple files into one encrypted file.
  • Encrypt anything and everything!
Fit to encrypt anything and everything.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:Do you have trouble keeping your files hidden from others? Especially private photo's you don't want people seeing?

We'll, your in luck.

Be it writing a private diary, transporting government information, or hiding your private photo's, this program should do the trick.

You can store:
  • Any file of your choice (excluding video).
Presenting the all new File Encryptor, using government standard encryption to keep your files safe.

Download

*Warning, pasting in video will just kill the program*
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Very interesting and useful Sebastian! Thank you for posting, your furtiveness is much appreciated :)
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

I'm not sure if have anything to hide but interesting, thank you for sharing!
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:Do you have trouble keeping your written files hidden from others? Especially private photo's you don't want people seeing?
Nope, by the way I don't have anything too important to hide.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

winningkill wrote:Nope, by the way I don't have anything too important to hide.
I have tons of things to hide. I'm so paranoid that I'm storing one of my encrypted files inside another encrypted file, inside another encrypted file, inside another encrypted file. Its encrypted fileception.

Lets see how well a hacker does with that. It will take a super hacker a total of 200 years to crack open my dark secrets (one encrypted file alone takes about 50 years to hack professionally).
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:I have tons of things to hide. I'm so paranoid that I'm storing one of my encrypted files inside another encrypted file, inside another encrypted file, inside another encrypted file. Its encrypted fileception.

Lets see how well a hacker does with that. It will take a super hacker a total of 200 years to crack open my dark secrets (one encrypted file alone takes about 50 years to hack professionally).
What could you possibly need to hide so much?
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

bionicnacho wrote:What could you possibly need to hide so much?
I am wondering this too, what is it if you don't mind us asking?
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Semesto wrote:I am wondering this too, what is it if you don't mind us asking?
My source code, passwords, songs, torrent files.

I also use encrypted files to protect files I don't want school administrators reading on my school account (Most of the time, its game executable's).

If somebody else has access, or finds access to my profile, I'd like to ensure they don't have access to what I have.

If you ever (manage to) open up an encrypted file I've made, they can be a maze to go through. When you open up one of my encrypted files, it reveals two other encrypted files (since you can embed any file you want into the text field you type in), which then reveals more encrypted files when opened. Until you eventually find the encrypted files with actual value.

However, embedding an encrypted file inside an encrypted file is actually quite redundant. One encrypted file alone (created with AES encryption) is already over the top secure (I'm just paranoid).
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:(stuff).
Well ok then!

Looking at the youtube video.... Ooh sebane1productions. Time to stalk you on youtube. Lol jk

Do you make anything For mac?
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

bionicnacho wrote:Well ok then!

Looking at the youtube video.... Ooh sebane1productions. Time to stalk you on youtube. Lol jk

Do you make anything For mac?
While I do have the tools to make a Macintosh application (thanks to mono!), I'd only be able to provide console applications. I have yet to figure out a developer friendly way of creating a GUI for mac osx. This app here though, runs mainly on windows (and has the ability to be run on linux provided the mono runtime is installed). Macintosh development has proven to not be developer friendly (probably why less viruses are created for the platform, shame it kills indie developers like me from wanting to support it).

I do have some console apps that I can port to any OS in seconds.
My GUI apps would take an entire re-write.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:While I do have the tools to make a Macintosh application (thanks to mono!), I'd only be able to provide console applications. I have yet to figure out a developer friendly way of creating a GUI for mac osx. This app here though, runs mainly on windows (and has the ability to be run on linux provided the mono runtime is installed). Macintosh development has proven to not be developer friendly (probably why less viruses are created for the platform, shame it kills indie developers like me from wanting to support it).
Alright, i understand.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

I've begun working on a new feature to add to the File Encryptor. It will allow you to encrypt standalone files without the need of using rich text.
Zetta

Post by Zetta »

This will be perfect for hiding my *sweet hentai* away from my parents!
Now they will never know about my over-the-top obsession with Japan!

Don't worry Sakura-chan! I'm coming to you, just you wait~! ^_^

U-GUUUUUU~~~!
tta

Post by tta »

It looks like Sebastian is...

*shades*

...Laying down the Lawe on file privacy.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

The file encryptor has been updated with a crapload of new features, and has a new name.

Try out the all new Document Shelter!
http://www.mediafire.com/?z12nyzkaxu2d00i
Also, provided you have the mono runtime installed, here's a launcher version for Linux.
http://www.mediafire.com/?eapxupaxf44uxjf
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Added some pretty cool features to the program. Here's a video displaying all of its functionality.
[media=youtube]YlZPQK7Rxjg[/media]