The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

An Idea Regarding The Atmosphir Section

General discussion about Atmosphir.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

An Idea Regarding The Atmosphir Section

Post by ElectroYoshi »

So Nin has been posting server updates to this thread, where I voiced concerns regarding OneMoreBlock's suitability (or lack thereof) to host the game, since the forums are made with gaming in general mind, not a single game.
ElectroYoshi wrote:True, but OneMoreBlock was not made with a game in mind.
ElectroYoshi wrote:My concern doesn't lie in the servers so much as the forums. They were built with gaming in general in mind, which is why I kind of wonder if it should be the sole outlet for Atmosphir players.
ElectroYoshi wrote:OneMoreBlock is a gaming forum though. Like I said, it isn't built with an actual game in mind, just gaming as a whole. The Atmosphir forums were made with Atmosphir in mind, whereas these forums weren't.
However, I have an idea that I think would make the OneMoreBlock forums much better suited to hosting the game.

Allow me to explain. Overall, this forum has 10 boards, that are divided up into 3 groups. Here is the current layout of the boards on this site.
General
OneMoreBlock
Gaming Gossip
Technology Talk
Creative Corner

Servers
CubeWorld
Atmosphir
Standard Minecraft

Other
Off Topic
Forum Games
Pigflags
As you can see, only 1 of the 10 boards on this forum is devoted to Atmosphir. Not even separate things pertaining to Atmosphir. Every aspect of the game is merged into one board.

So here's what I'm suggesting: Instead of one board devoted to the game, how about we have a whole nother group of boards devoted to the game. Y'know, like this:
General
OneMoreBlock
Gaming Gossip
Technology Talk
Creative Corner

Servers
CubeWorld
Standard Minecraft

Atmosphir
General
Levels
Design Workshop
(Please note that these particular board ideas are suggestions and nothing more)

Other
Off Topic
Forum Games
Pigflags
So, thoughts?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Exactly what I was sort of trying to explain when you were voicing your concern - I think that is exactly what we should do. I am in full favour of this idea :)
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

+So much support
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

This needs to happen.
Also bring back teams plz.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

What do you guys think about having the Bugs and Support sections in one? I mean, the generally serve a single purpose - especially with a smaller user base, I am sure the the community and moderators could handle tending to both in one. What do you think? If Nin is able to get the registration and posting working then I will likely be asking Wowfun if I/he can go through and rework these sections.
StreetLights wrote:This needs to happen.
Also bring back teams plz.
Oh, that would be so cool! I call being on StreetLight's team!
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

And then we could bring back section specific moderators/LOTD selectors (editorial staff)
Guys, this NEEDS to happen!
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

What I personally would find cool, would be to have some sort of community run LOTD selection process :P I am not exactly sure how they might go about doing something like that but perhaps through some sort of submission process. We could even have community filmed "Jumpstart-Tributes" I think the Atmosphir server is just the beginning of opening up tons of more outlets :)
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I think all of this sounds good! What I see right now is that there are not a lot of threads popping up on the Atmosphir board alone. If we have all these different sections, we would have like 2 threads per section. Once we have more people coming in for Atmosphir once it's fully working, I don't see why not do this. But for now, I don't see the need for such categories. That's just my opinion, anyway.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

I don't really think Teams are needed just yet, due to lack of active players (I think).
But Atmosphir really needs its own section.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wazi wrote:I don't really think Teams are needed just yet, due to lack of active players (I think).
But Atmosphir really needs its own section.
I agree, once we get the Atmosphir server up - and we see what kind of activity it has, then the community can start talking about what we might need :)

Firstly, I would assume we might only start out with a few boards. Perhaps Bugs/Support, Levels and General. Then, as we need and as we the community send in feedback as to what is needed then Wowfun, etc... can start on what other sections we might require.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

I appreciate enthusiasm, but I think you are thinking too far ahead into the future... I think you have better things to be doing/writing with your time than this, Yoshi.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

Swords761 wrote:I appreciate enthusiasm, but I think you are thinking too far ahead into the future... I think you have better things to be doing/writing with your time than this, Yoshi.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Swords761 wrote:I appreciate enthusiasm, but I think you are thinking too far ahead into the future... I think you have better things to be doing/writing with your time than this, Yoshi.
I think it is worth talking about, I mean this is sort of a good way for people to state their opinion on something before it, sort of happens :P

But yes, it is likely a little ways off to start putting any immediate plans. We can always discuss stuff though :P
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Please note it's signed Yoshi.
Don't know what that means, but note it.
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

Well I for one welcome the enthusiasm. :p I churned out like 500 lines of code and the level uploading functionality just the other day because of this thread. (Get on mah level Kroltan). There's a weird bug with not being able to play levels on solo mode though. So I still have to check that out before finally letting you guys create your own accounts.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Nin wrote:Well I for one welcome the enthusiasm. :p I churned out like 500 lines of code and the level uploading functionality just the other day because of this thread. (Get on mah level Kroltan). There's a weird bug with not being able to play levels on solo mode though. So I still have to check that out before finally letting you guys create your own accounts.
It is awesome to here from you, Nin! We owe thanks to Yoshi, for prompting it :) I cannot wait to get access to this, I am very eager! Great work!
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

Nin wrote:Well I for one welcome the enthusiasm. :p I churned out like 500 lines of code and the level uploading functionality just the other day because of this thread. (Get on mah level Kroltan). There's a weird bug with not being able to play levels on solo mode though. So I still have to check that out before finally letting you guys create your own accounts.
K I take it back if it causes you to program like a baws.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:What do you guys think about having the Bugs and Support sections in one? I mean, the generally serve a single purpose - especially with a smaller user base, I am sure the the community and moderators could handle tending to both in one. What do you think? If Nin is able to get the registration and posting working then I will likely be asking Wowfun if I/he can go through and rework these sections.
Having bugs and support lumped together into one would probably be much more efficient.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:What do you guys think about having the Bugs and Support sections in one? I mean, the generally serve a single purpose - especially with a smaller user base, I am sure the the community and moderators could handle tending to both in one. What do you think? If Nin is able to get the registration and posting working then I will likely be asking Wowfun if I/he can go through and rework these sections.
It'd probably be more efficient to lump them into one than it would be to keep them separate.

Quite exciting to hear. Great work as usual, my good man. :D
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

ElectroYoshi wrote: So here's what I'm suggesting: Instead of one board devoted to the game, how about we have a whole nother group of boards devoted to the game.
I think that would definitely work a lot better.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.