The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Thred Of Shit To Do Over The Summer

Chat about anything
tta

The Thred Of Shit To Do Over The Summer

Post by tta »

websites

games

etc.

AND GO
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I got an arduino, so I guess that's something...
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

A nice little website I stumbled upon was Indie Games The Web Blog, as a person who just likes to find little games online to play - it's always nice to find a place that just sorts it for us.

Games, uh - here is a little like party game you can play, credit of creation goes to a good friend of, she made it up, not me. Essentially, everyone sits in a circle. Each taking turns you will call on someone to think of an answer, then once they've got it in mind, you ask them a random question and they must answer with whatever they were thinking of. It sounds really silly, because it.. is kind of a mess. But depending on how logically random and absurd your friends are, it can be good fun. So.. yeah :)
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I'm doing summer school tutoring at my old elementary school for most of this month. I'm also taking an Android development class and going to Minneapolis and St. Louis in July. I'm also looking into getting a job, but I can't really take much action on that until summer school ends. xD
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

I will be working as an intern for a month, then go on holiday for two weeks.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Orion14ed

Post by Orion14ed »

Summer job for 6 weeks, tons of studying for classes, as well as getting certified (finally) in high powered rocketry. Also building myself a pc :3
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

the thread is "general things to do over the summer" not "what are you yourself doing over the summer"

also here is a fun thing to do over the summer: drown in your tears and wallow in your self pity
papaya

Post by papaya »

listen to death grips and yeezus
tta

Post by tta »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I'm doing summer school tutoring at my old elementary school for most of this month. I'm also taking an Android development class and going to Minneapolis and St. Louis in July. I'm also looking into getting a job, but I can't really take much action on that until summer school ends. xD
doing
Baufritz wrote:I will be working as an intern for a month, then go on holiday for two weeks.
it
Orion14ed wrote:Summer job for 6 weeks, tons of studying for classes, as well as getting certified (finally) in high powered rocketry. Also building myself a pc :3
wrong
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

tta wrote:doing

it

wrong

Because those posts have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.
tta

Post by tta »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Because those posts have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

yeah
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Because those posts have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.
they dont

refer to my previous post
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Alright, to clutch back at the topic at hand :)

Do any of you plan on doing any sort of summer themed Atmosphir levels? It might be kind of cool to do an unofficial design contest, no winners, no deadline. Just a thought :P

Also, photography - is always a really good pass time during summer! Especially since it doesn't rely on warm weather, so it is actually feasible in my area.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote: Do any of you plan on doing any sort of summer themed Atmosphir levels? It might be kind of cool to do an unofficial design contest, no winners, no deadline. Just a thought :P .

Y'know, it's funny you say that... I've actually got a few potential ideas in mind for a summer-themed Atmo level. I don't know if any of them are actually gonna come to fruition, but I'll probably at least take a stab at it.
totaldile

Post by totaldile »

Things one must do in winter (American summer) in New Zealand

-> pass mock exams
-> finish internals
-> football??
-> our school year is only half over
tta

Post by tta »

totaldile wrote:Things one must do in winter (American summer) in New Zealand

>tfw i lived in australia for a while and people celebrated christmas by going to the beach to surf

shits freaky
totaldile

Post by totaldile »

that

that's normal

we have a new Zealand children's song called 'Christmas on the Beach'
We always sit outside in the sun and barbeque a turkey or sometimes a lamb roast

It's usually to hot to stay outside for long tho
Hole in the ozone means get inside before you burnnn

Actually Christmas Day has been pushing 30 Celsius the past two years
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Woah, very warm festivities - I couldn't imagine that.. Where I live, summer means some days in the low to mid twenties - but mostly fog, clouds and rain. Winter means, some days nearing 0 close to snow, but mostly fog, clouds and rain. Truly a diverse climate.

Anyway, rather cold or hot weather - a good book is always nice to sit and read. I recently looked into some that I am going to pick up for the summer. Does anyone else have any planned reads for the summer?
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Sleep, Forums, Coffee, Games, sleep.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

tta

Post by tta »

totaldile wrote:that

that's normal

I know it's normal, but to us americans the idea is simple but there is SOO much culture shock when we actually experience it