The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

I Need Help Replacing My Phone Case...

Chat about anything
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

I Need Help Replacing My Phone Case...

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I'm in need of a replacement phone case. For some strange reason, the upper left corner of my current case has basically disintegrated, not to mention that it's somehow very loose-fitting for no apparent reason all of a sudden. I think this thing is just overall defective, mainly because I've only had the thing for about 8 months, and it usually takes longer than that for phone cases to have these issues. Normally, I'd just replace the case and call it good, but I really like the specific design of my case, and I want the same one. Problem is, no matter what I Google, I just can't seem to find that same case. Seriously, I've googled just about everything imaginable that could potentially find me that case again, and every last one of those searches netted me literally hundreds of results. I took a picture of the case with my iPod and uploaded it to Google image search, and even that didn't get me anywhere.

So here's my question: Are there any sites/apps/whatevers specially devoted to finding these specific things?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Perhaps some of us users could devote some collective attention searching for you. Could you post pictures of the case? Along with any text that may be written within it or on it?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:Perhaps some of us users could devote some collective attention searching for you. Could you post pictures of the case? Along with any text that may be written within it or on it?

I briefly thought about that, but honestly, I'm a little hesitant about having you guys do it for me. I'd appreciate the extra hand, don't get me wrong, but this is my problem, not you guys', so I'd feel a little uneasy about having other people do the dirty work for me. :P

In short, I'm gonna go ahead and keep looking, but I think I'll take you up on this offer if I don't get somewhere soon.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Perfectly fine, sir. My offer of course stands, but if you are searching on your own, perhaps check Amazon, Ebay and other online product stores as their titles on the site of often overly descriptive to catch the keyword searches people will be doing.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

The cool thing about an internet forum is if nobody really wants to help they won't, so you don't have to feel bad :)

I'd give it a shot too, though. Probably wouldn't get anywhere, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

I'll probably get a new phone in the next few months (dunno what model yet), so I'm kinda looking for cases as well... anyone have some sites for me to browse?
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I recommend any of your local electronic stores websites, especially from where ever you purchase your phone. For my local network, their shops often have a fairly wide selection for their brands of phones. Also, Amazon is really nice as well :)
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

No case is the best case!

But yeah, usually phone carriers' stores have some, or possibly on ebay.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

A naked phone is a beautiful thing.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Yeah, I shamefully don't have a case on my current phone. It is kind of a brick with class on it - so it has toughed out most things, and actually looks pretty good for two-three years old.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

kroltan wrote:No case is the best case!
Entity wrote:A naked phone is a beautiful thing.
Yeah, I like that too. Only problem is I tend to drop my phone a lot resulting in busted edges and/or screen, so having a bit of protection would be nice.[/quote]
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

I like making my own phone cases. Lets me make some pretty nice rigs.