The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Super Smash Bros. 4: Predictions, Possibilities, And Hopes.

Everything video game related
tta

Super Smash Bros. 4: Predictions, Possibilities, And Hopes.

Post by tta »

For me:

PREDICTIONS:

- Original 12 characters will definitely stay
- Melee Starters will most likely stay
- At least 5 Brawl stages included
- At least 2 Capcom or Namco characters included

POSSIBILITIES:

- R.O.B is probably top candidate for removal
- Marth or Ike might be removed and replaced with some other Fire Emblem character
- Lucario could be replaced with Zoroark or whatever
- New Metroid character? (Ridley most likely)
- New F-Zero character? (Samurai Goroh most likely)

HOPES:

- If any Brawl stages are included, I hope it's not New Pork City or PictoChat
- Wolf stays
- Less Gimmicky stages
- If Sonic stays, then more creative moveset. (Literally all of his brawl attacks are based on punching, kicking, or spindash.)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Given Sakurai's history, I expect to see some characters from Kid Icarus: Uprising. I also really hope they add some characters from Xenoblade and Bayonetta.

I also hope we'll get some new stages based on Skyward Sword, and possibly some characters redesigned in the game's style (Zelda, please?!?)
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Wowfunhappy wrote: I also hope we'll get some new stages based on Skyward Sword, and possibly some characters redesigned in the game's style (Zelda, please?!?)
I was hoping Ghirahim. Demise would also be cool, but Ghirahim would be a better fighter for obvious reasons (for those who can't figure it out, Demise would probably play like Ganondorf, who sucked in Brawl).
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Ohhh, I didn't even think of that. You're right, Ghirahim would be great. I think he would be really fun to play as, given the fluid way he moves.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Also, apparently I'm the only person who wished Zant would be in Brawl.

FUUUUUUUUUUU-
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
tta

Post by tta »

Miniike wrote:I was hoping Ghirahim. Demise would also be cool, but Ghirahim would be a better fighter for obvious reasons (for those who can't figure it out, Demise would probably play like Ganondorf, who sucked in Brawl).
That would be cool, but I don't think they would put someone from ONE Zelda game in SSB4. (Technically, Young Link in Melee was a half-exception)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Lucas only appears in one game, and they had no trouble adding him.

Also, Shiek would be another half exception.
tta

Post by tta »

Yeah, but there are so many LoZ installments while there are so few Earthbound installments. Also, Mother 3 was Japan only, so idk
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

tta wrote:Also, Mother 3 was Japan only, so idk
Yeah, I was kinda wondering why they put so much attention on Lucas seeing as how Mother 3 was never released in America. Doesn't make too much sense.
tta

Post by tta »

Miniike wrote:Yeah, I was kinda wondering why they put so much attention on Lucas seeing as how Mother 3 was never released in America. Doesn't make too much sense.
When Brawl first came out I didn't even know who Lucas was. :P

Well, it's possible that Lucas could have been a Japan-only character at one point. Marth and Roy were intended to be Japan-Exclusive in Melee until the developers saw all of the positive feedback they received with Japanese test audiences (Which explains why they didn't take the time to re-dub their voices.)
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

This is a discussion by one of my favorite youtubers, joshscorcher. I agree with pretty much everything here. Keep in mind this was before the Wii U was announced.
[media=youtube]Rf7H6pkbiVY[/media]
[media=youtube]r7gbCXOh2pM[/media]
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

tta wrote: - R.O.B is probably top candidate for removal
R.O.B. better not be in it. It was a crappy enough idea to plant him in Mario Kart DS, and let's face it: he SUCKS in brawl.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Aflysokat

Post by Aflysokat »

http://upreviewgames.webs.com/apps/blog ... -u-and-3ds

Go there. Back in like 2011, I made a website that I almost forgot about. Some Atmosphir member know about it, some don't.

A little more information about this game is posted there.
Many of you will find horrible grammar mistakes... Please ignore them. May be my grammar still isn't the best, but it was horrible back then. Just read what you can.

EDIT: I did get some new information on it in like 2012, beginning of it. He said it will be in the making after Kid Icarus: Uprising is launched. And it will connect to the Nintendo Wii U. Some other random stuff that wasn't much important. But there you go. :)
Aflysokat

Post by Aflysokat »

WHAT DO WE NEED A NEW SMASH BROTHER FOR, IF WE HAVE THE HOMEBREW BROWSER TO MAKE OUR OWN CHARACTERS AND STAGES?!?! HEHEH!
tta

Post by tta »

Aflysokat wrote:http://upreviewgames.webs.com/apps/blog ... -u-and-3ds

Go there. Back in like 2011, I made a website that I almost forgot about. Some Atmosphir member know about it, some don't.

A little more information about this game is posted there.
Many of you will find horrible grammar mistakes... Please ignore them. May be my grammar still isn't the best, but it was horrible back then. Just read what you can.

EDIT: I did get some new information on it in like 2012, beginning of it. He said it will be in the making after Kid Icarus: Uprising is launched. And it will connect to the Nintendo Wii U. Some other random stuff that wasn't much important. But there you go. :)
In response to the article:

1: I doubt Mienfoo would replace Lucario, Zoroark would probably be a better fit since he's a more popular character, and he has a much smaller pre-evolution, Zorua (Mewtwo had Mew, Lucario had Riolu.)

2: The chances of a GTA character or Kratos appearing in a Smash Bros game are as slim as paper, Especially in Kratos' case because he's strictly Sony property.
Aflysokat

Post by Aflysokat »

Yes, this is why I didn't say any of those other systems' characters.

I do not think Mewtwo made Mew. I think Mewtwo is scientifically installed from studies of Mew. Anyways... Enough Pokemon talk'
tta

Post by tta »

Aflysokat wrote:Yes, this is why I didn't say any of those other systems' characters.

I do not think Mewtwo made Mew. I think Mewtwo is scientifically installed from studies of Mew. Anyways... Enough Pokemon talk'
But still, Mewtwo is just a genetically enhanced version of the original Mew, though artificial rather through natural evolution.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

ElectroYoshi wrote:R.O.B. better not be in it. It was a crappy enough idea to plant him in Mario Kart DS, and let's face it: he SUCKS in brawl.
Dah, he wasn't THAT bad.
tta

Post by tta »

Miniike wrote:Dah, he wasn't THAT bad.
That is true, but I said because:

1: He controls really flimsily compared to the other characters
2: He was REALLY obscure. I mean, at least Mr.G&W was actually a video game character, R.O.B. isn't a video game character, he's a video game accessory for a console from nearly 30 years ago.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

tta wrote: - Lucario could be replaced with Zoroark or whatever
I'm convinced he will. Not only does he have a stance and look similar to Lucario (and even Mewtwo) but he was the first Pokemon shown of for his generation, as were Lucario and Mewtwo. So we basically already know it's going to happen.[/quote][/quote]