The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d

Everything video game related

How do you feel about a 3DS remake of Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Bad Idea
43%
Bad Idea
14%
Bad Idea
43%

Total votes: 7

ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Donkey Kong Country Returns was released for the Wii in 2010, and it's being ported to the 3DS later this year, with new content (seehttp://www.mariowiki.com/Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns_3D for more info on that). I want so badly to say that I'm on board with the idea, but I can't help but feel that it was very poorly thought out. Granted, the art style from the original would probably benefit from a graphical update, but it's only been 3 years since DKCR came out for the Wii.

Remember Super Mario 64 DS? Nintendo didn't churn that out until 2004, 8 years after the original Super Mario 64 for N64 came out. And SM64DS had a TON of new content in it: 30 more stars, a bunch of new levels, 3 new playable characters, multiplayer, minigames, so on and so forth.

There's new content in DKCR3D, but it's not nearly enough to make me want it, not to the extent I wanted SM64DS when it came out, at least. Local Multiplayer, one new mode, new items, a bonus world...and that's pretty much it.

So, what do YOU think of this?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Scale

Post by Scale »

Multiplayer on the Wii with that game was a total pain, I really felt no synergy with the second player and felt constrained at times which was a real let down since I wanted to play it with a friend. However, when I played solo I absolutely loved the game, it reminded me of my days as a child and provided a fun challenge.

Regardless, I do not think I will be buying it again simply for the privilege of playing it on a smaller screen with a headache.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Scale has a few points, but regardless, it looks awesome, and I love the Donkey Kong Country games more then most of the Mario platformers combined and I don't think I should have made that public for the sake of personal safety.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Miniike wrote:Scale has a few points, but regardless, it looks awesome, and I love the Donkey Kong Country games more then most of the Mario platformers combined and I don't think I should have made that public for the sake of personal safety.
Well, you said that Wind Waker was not outdated enough for a remake. I fail to see how this is any different...
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Well, you said that Wind Waker was not outdated enough for a remake. I fail to see how this is any different...
Oooooooh yeah. *self facepalm*
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
AtmoMario

Post by AtmoMario »

Is anybody else getting tired of all of these "Game You Already Bought 3D" titles? Can't we see new games from time to time?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

AtmoMario wrote:Is anybody else getting tired of all of these "Game You Already Bought 3D" titles? Can't we see new games from time to time?
Definitely. While I do not oppose remakes in general, I am opposed to them being such a constant.
Toa Lapaka

Post by Toa Lapaka »

Frankly, this reminds me of what Nintendo used to do with the game boy. Remember when they used to remake console games into game boy games so you could play them on the go. Plus, usually games like this are a stalling tactic until they can get bigger games out. I'm excited regardless. It was tons of fun on the wii, and I can play it more on he 3Ds. Now if only I had money to buy it...
OkaySandwich

Post by OkaySandwich »

DKCR3D... That's one anagram...

I have never used a 3DS (bar once), because of my shortsightedness, which completely gets rid of the 3D effect. I did play this on Wii, which I enjoyed, but have gone a bit too far with the whole mascot overuse thing. Donkey Kong was refreshing when it released on Wii, but it needs to stay that way.