The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

What Is The Most Underrated Game/series Ever?

Everything video game related
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

What Is The Most Underrated Game/series Ever?

Post by ElectroYoshi »

So, yeah, this thread is totally original and totally not stolen from Miniike.

But yeah, the title says it all.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

I love your originality! Wish I could come up with a thread like this.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I really wanted to mention an sort of unheard of indie pick - but I can't really think of that many right now.. The Mari-Ari series is quite good.

But I have to highly recommend the Nintendo Wii release of A Boy and His Blob - I am actually considering doing a lets play of the game; I don't know how interesting that would be for others though.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I'm gonna have to go with Super Mario Sunshine. I was so disappointed that Nintendo never made a sequel to that. That was seriously the best Mario game ever. :C

Edit: Also, I don't think Skyward Sword deserves all the hate it gets. Personally, I think it's among the most unique Zelda games in the respect that it has a different overall flow to it than the other games. I also think it had the very best plot in the entire series. Link and Zelda being such good friends in the game really made its plot a lot more love-driven, because Link was really doing it all for her, and it was pretty obvious Link had feelings for her. I honestly don't think a Zelda game's plot will ever wow me like that again...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

ElectroYoshi wrote: Edit: Also, I don't think Skyward Sword deserves all the hate it gets. Personally, I think it's among the most unique Zelda games in the respect that it has a different overall flow to it than the other games. I also think it had the very best plot in the entire series. Link and Zelda being such good friends in the game really made its plot a lot more love-driven, because Link was really doing it all for her, and it was pretty obvious Link had feelings for her. I honestly don't think a Zelda game's plot will ever wow me like that again...
Wait, Skyward Sword got hate? Geez, whenever I heard someone talk about it, they always drool over it, saying how it's the best Zelda game. Maybe I didn't see enough, but I actually assumed Skyward Sword was OVERrated.

I agree that the story was by far the best in any Zelda game. It impacted me in a way that only Majora's Mask has accomplished since. It had fantastic characters and very well written dialogue.
My problems with Skyward Sword are with the gameplay, especially the layout of the overworld. I just hated how liner it was. When I play Zelda, I want to explore. The overworld areas in Skyward Sword were more like dungeons, but considering the game had FANTASTIC dungeons, they seem unnecessary and toned down. The dungeon bosses were great, the overworld ones...not so much. I also thought the Sky was boring. It was VASTLY inferior to Wind Waker, where there was stuff to do other then putting down a beacon and going from point A to point B. And although I don't think Fi is as BAD as people say, she is as USELESS as people say.
I loved the story, dungeons, bosses, writing, music, characters, and even a lot of the items, but I just don't have as much fun playing it as I do other Zeldas, the motion controls didn't always work properly, and I just don't get that epic "zelda" feeling.

This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree. You enjoy life one game more than I do. You may troll me now.
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
ninjasrpwn

Post by ninjasrpwn »

i agree with miniike, Skyward sword was ok, the gameplay was fun and all but because of all the flying there was such little things to do up in the overworld
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

My favorite game of all time. No-one seems to play it.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
tta

Post by tta »

I've heard that Vexx is kind of a sleeper hit, and I've only heard good things about it. Has anyone here played it?
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

tta wrote:I've heard that Vexx is kind of a sleeper hit, and I've only heard good things about it. Has anyone here played it?
Nope.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

winningkill wrote:Image
A true classic!
tta

Post by tta »

winningkill wrote:Image
A sleeper hit for the ages. Stays true to the hack-and-slash style of gameplay but boasts new twists and turns to the genre, creating a fun 19 hours of gameplay and a gripping story. 10/10.
Epowerj

Post by Epowerj »

Oh man let me tell ya. Descent. Descent 1, Descent 2, and Descent 3. Descent 2 is the best in my opinion. You gotta check out this series, it's really good.
Another great game that's way underated: Fury^3. In fact, my avatar is from this game. Fury^3 is the first real video game I ever played. At the time I was using a really old latop with Windows 98. That game, and it's sequel, Hellbender will forever be in my memory. There is also a game kind of in the same series that came out before Fury^3, it is called Terminal Velicity. TV is in fact a DOS game, just to let you know. I can still vividly remember Fury^3's startup screen...the feels :') . I really need to play it again.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

tta wrote:I've heard that Vexx is kind of a sleeper hit, and I've only heard good things about it. Has anyone here played it?
I played it a long time ago. It was alright and sort of had a story, but really it was just platforming and action game that was pretty generic. It's a decent game still.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.