The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Parkour Anyone ?

Chat about anything
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Parkour Anyone ?

Post by Baufritz »

I landed my first Double-Kong and Reverse today :D

...anyone? :3
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Baufritz wrote:I landed my first Double-Kong and Reverse today :D

...anyone? :3
Well done sir.

But personally, I love stringing together a wall run, dash vault, and diving kong- makes me feel like Altair more... ;-)
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

I can stand on the ground with my own two feet, and occasionally move one forward slowly or quickly.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

I like moves like the dash vault. I don't do many tricks, just jumps and wall climbs, but when I don't touch the ground I feel like I can just hover, and I feel well, not confined to everyday society.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

I particularly like the speed vault, kong or wall climb, they just fit nearly everywhere :D

And yes, plainwrek... i understand you, i feel like that sometimes too :D
If it's broken, fix it.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Baufritz wrote:I particularly like the speed vault, kong or wall climb, they just fit nearly everywhere :D

And yes, plainwrek... i understand you, i feel like that sometimes too :D
Nothing makes parkour feel like epic parkour more than imagining yourself as an assassin or a runner from Mirror's Edge as well... ;-)

Oh, and I'm working on sticking an insane combo: namely wall climb palm flip to wall climb backflip. Obviously there's a slight break between the two combos for a ledge hang or something, because I'm not that good. And I'd rather not break anything... ;-)
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

SirWrek wrote:Nothing makes parkour feel like epic parkour more than imagining yourself as an assassin or a runner from Mirror's Edge as well... ;-)

Oh, and I'm working on sticking an insane combo: namely wall climb palm flip to wall climb backflip. Obviously there's a slight break between the two combos for a ledge hang or something, because I'm not that good. And I'd rather not break anything... ;-)
Flips don't really belong to parkour because they're inefficient, that would be more like freerunning, at least in my opinion :P

I'm currently working on improving the airtime on my double kong, as well as the height on wall climbs... :)
If it's broken, fix it.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Baufritz wrote:Flips don't really belong to parkour because they're inefficient, that would be more like freerunning, at least in my opinion :P

I'm currently working on improving the airtime on my double kong, as well as the height on wall climbs... :)
True. I like to mix multiple things for more efficient ways of locomotion and traversal methods. :3

Practice makes perfect, as they truthfully say. ;-)
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Baufritz wrote:Flips don't really belong to parkour because they're inefficient, that would be more like freerunning, at least in my opinion :P

I think this too. ALTHOUGH, they can be in certian scenarios, but those tend to be more risky. Doing a flip over a small wall is more efficient than a jump, because the landing would increase momentum. Mainly just doing flips when you should be in the air anyway is more efficient for the momentum, but I tent to not even enjoy flips.

Another GREAT think I love to do more than just doing Parkour alone; Parkour photography.