Music Discussion Thread

Chat about anything
User avatar
ThatOneFox
Moderator
Posts: 17612
Joined: January 20th, 2013, 5:53 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1
Contact:

Postby ThatOneFox » September 2nd, 2014, 2:05 am

Anyone here listen to Mord Fustang?
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:

User avatar
LordFinnagin
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: October 31st, 2013, 4:44 pm

Postby LordFinnagin » September 2nd, 2014, 6:01 am

StreetLights wrote:Anyone here listen to Ford Mustang?


Yeah. Once in a while.

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Postby Miniike » June 3rd, 2015, 9:39 am

HAHAHAHAHA oh wow I was a bit of a snob on this thread.

BTW I still mostly listen to Classical, Soundtracks (any kind) and musicals, but as of literally last week I got into Bastille, Imagine Dragons and indie/alternative rock in general (I'm still a newf*g to this though don't ask me questions I'm not ready for the test teacher). Thus I will try to resurrect this thread so I can expand my pleb knowledge.

But anyway can we talk about how Papaya meant this
papaya wrote:more focus on the style of the band and deep lyrics than the music.

as a criticism? lulz
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
papaya
Member
Posts: 938
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 3:03 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby papaya » June 3rd, 2015, 11:41 am

imagine quote marks around the word deep

imagine dragons tbh i've been forced to listen to some of the songs because my sister likes em now and they're alright but they're still generic stadium rock
its pleb, you're allowed to like it (because its not trash) but you're not allowed to say that its breaking new ground or innovative or that you're superior to ur fellow man for liking it

you're allowed to say that if u listen to like harsh noise or free jazz (because if u actually listen to those and dont just say u r then ur not pleb in any way)
basically if they have >1mil listeners on last.fm they're super-pleb and <10k they're super patrician

for real if you want to get into alt rock can I suggest smashing pumpkins

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Postby Miniike » June 3rd, 2015, 11:49 am

papaya wrote:imagine quote marks around the word deep

imagine dragons tbh i've been forced to listen to some of the songs because my sister likes em now and they're alright but they're still generic stadium rock
its pleb, you're allowed to like it (because its not trash) but you're not allowed to say that its breaking new ground or innovative or that you're superior to ur fellow man for liking it

you're allowed to say that if u listen to like harsh noise or free jazz (because if u actually listen to those and dont just say u r then ur not pleb in any way)
basically if they have >1mil listeners on last.fm they're super-pleb and <10k they're super patrician

for real if you want to get into alt rock can I suggest smashing pumpkins

They're not deep, but they are multilayered enough to require some thought on the listeners part. They're not innovative, but they are clever and imaginative.

Translation: They're just dumb enough for me to like them but just smart enough to make me feel smart for listening to them because deliriously sicknasty mad symbolism yo.

Also I've heard good things about Smashing Pumpkins from some alt rock enthusiast friends of mine but haven't given them a listen yet. We'll see how that goes down.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
papaya
Member
Posts: 938
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 3:03 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby papaya » June 3rd, 2015, 5:42 pm

its very good to broaden ur horizons tho, i'd recommend taking a dip into sites like [url='https://rateyourmusic.com/']rateyourmusic[/url] which lets you search up genres and find highly rated (by users) albums and artists
in fact heres two for you right now:[url='https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=pop+rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=']pop rock[/url] and [url='https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=alternative+rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=']alt rock[/url]and you can tweak those lists at the top to fit any genre or year you want

User avatar
ElectroYoshi
Well-Known Member
Posts: 11061
Joined: October 18th, 2012, 8:27 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby ElectroYoshi » June 3rd, 2015, 5:46 pm

I've become really hooked on The Pretty Reckless recently. Like REALLY hooked.

[media=youtube]vfwJ-SoYw4U[/media]
[media=youtube]qJeWrvgP6fM[/media]

Love these two songs in particular, but your mileage may vary.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Postby Miniike » June 3rd, 2015, 6:19 pm

papaya wrote:its very good to broaden ur horizons tho, i'd recommend taking a dip into sites like [url='https://rateyourmusic.com/']rateyourmusic[/url] which lets you search up genres and find highly rated (by users) albums and artists
in fact heres two for you right now:[url='https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=pop+rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=']pop rock[/url] and [url='https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=alternative+rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=']alt rock[/url]and you can tweak those lists at the top to fit any genre or year you want

That actually seems pretty cool. Thank you my good man.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
papaya
Member
Posts: 938
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 3:03 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby papaya » June 3rd, 2015, 7:48 pm

ElectroYoshi wrote:I've become really hooked on The Pretty Reckless recently. Like REALLY hooked.

[media=youtube]vfwJ-SoYw4U[/media]
[media=youtube]qJeWrvgP6fM[/media]

Love these two songs in particular, but your mileage may vary.


for some reason that second song sound very low quality audio-wise, like practically lo-fi
its neat it reminds me of my days as a 12 year old listening to trash rock music on youtube when every artist's official video was in 240p and sounded like that

User avatar
ElectroYoshi
Well-Known Member
Posts: 11061
Joined: October 18th, 2012, 8:27 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby ElectroYoshi » June 3rd, 2015, 9:17 pm

papaya wrote:for some reason that second song sound very low quality audio-wise, like practically lo-fi


Really, ya think so? I don't really hear any sort of difference production-wise, and they came from the same album... Maybe it's just the particular video I went with. I really don't know.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.

User avatar
papaya
Member
Posts: 938
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 3:03 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby papaya » June 4th, 2015, 4:53 am

yeah I'm pretty sure its just the specific video you picked but its makin me all nostalgic (for terrible, terrible things)

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Re:

Postby Miniike » June 2nd, 2016, 8:16 am

Baufritz wrote:
Flameforlife wrote:You've heard of Keith Moon, right?


Drummer for The Who? Yeah, heard of him... not my favourite though.

*spits out drink*

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT BEST DRUMMER

MODS

it's funny because the who and mods
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Re: Music Discussion Thread

Postby Miniike » June 2nd, 2016, 8:18 am

also imagine dragons are blandcore, 16-year-old self

i listen to rad groups for rad people now, like metallica

more like radtallica
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
Baufritz
Well-Known Member
Posts: 1297
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 9:36 am
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2
Contact:

Re: Music Discussion Thread

Postby Baufritz » June 3rd, 2016, 5:45 pm

Alright, let's get some music in here again

User avatar
Omnoman
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: February 16th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Re: Music Discussion Thread

Postby Omnoman » June 4th, 2016, 7:25 pm

Spoiler
Image

It's a good one.
:crate: :crow: :crate:
:crate: :geek: :crate:
:crate: :crate: :crate:
This is stupid.

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Re:

Postby Miniike » January 20th, 2017, 11:19 pm

ThatOneFox wrote:Image

good to see young paps liked yeezus

mbdtf is better though
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Re:

Postby Miniike » January 20th, 2017, 11:23 pm

papaya wrote:its very good to broaden ur horizons tho, i'd recommend taking a dip into sites like [url='https://rateyourmusic.com/']rateyourmusic[/url] which lets you search up genres and find highly rated (by users) albums and artists
in fact heres two for you right now:[url='https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=pop+rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=']pop rock[/url] and [url='https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=alternative+rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=']alt rock[/url]and you can tweak those lists at the top to fit any genre or year you want

guys this is how i found out about rym, a community i am now very active in and my #1 source for new music

papaya literally saved my taste in music

sometimes i'm reminded i really love some of my ol friends
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Re:

Postby Miniike » June 12th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Miniike wrote:That's because they, stage and screen music and occasionally alternative stuff are the only things worth listening to.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUU
ElectroYoshi wrote:I think sampling, in general, is kind of a dumb concept. I just don't see what songs gain from having snippets of other songs randomly thrown in.

OH MY GOD

papaya's contributions are the only good parts of this thread pretty much, yes even the antwan fantwan review. i know he's kind of a shitty anti-sjw but i still like him fuck you, he's thoughtful and has genuine charisma it's meat and potatoes video criticism
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
Miniike
Well-Known Member
Posts: 10959
Joined: November 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm
Location: my beautiful house with my beautiful wife
Contact:

Re: Music Discussion Thread

Postby Miniike » February 1st, 2019, 11:13 am

please don't read this thread
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:

User avatar
Rattle
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: January 4th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Re: Music Discussion Thread

Postby Rattle » February 3rd, 2019, 3:01 am

yeah this thread has fermented like fucking doodoo.

regarding the OP, californication is an okay rock album with god AWFUL production, thus making it just mediocre. i have no idea why i ever considered it my favorite. please disregard this i suck cocks.


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Registered users: No registered users