Atmosphir Is Officially Dead

Chat about anything
User avatar
winningkill
Well-Known Member
Posts: 2527
Joined: December 12th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Postby winningkill » January 7th, 2013, 5:34 pm

No more arguments atmosphir is gone period.

User avatar
ElectroYoshi
Well-Known Member
Posts: 11061
Joined: October 18th, 2012, 8:27 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby ElectroYoshi » January 7th, 2013, 5:56 pm

If you spend $1,000,000 on a game and earn $0.01 from it, that's not exactly profit, is it.
Atmosphir was doing fine profit-wise first of all (See my prior argument about Players Club)

You're not making a very good case for yourself when you say you're not blaming Halsey out of immaturity, when you've already said this:
ElectroYoshi said: ↑
[Bleep] Halsey Minor. [Bleep] that [Bleep]-ing [Bleep] face and [Bleep] every single [Bleep]-ing thing he [Bleep]-ing stands for, and [Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]!!!
ElectroYoshi said: ↑
Halsey is the sole tyrant responsible for Atmosphir's demise.
Complete maturity, ladies and gentlemen.

FOR CAMERON'S SAKE!!! STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO ACT!!!! DO I SEEM LIKE I CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME?!?! AND FOR PETE'S SAKE,YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!!!!!

The game was losing money, and Dave LEFT. Who else was going to lead development? Adz?
Halsey was already starting to get in the way, which, need I remind you, is the only reason Dave left in the first place. End of story.

If the game had been making money, Halsey wouldn't have tampered with it. The issue is, the game was LOSING money. And there was in fact a spike of users joining because of the gritty additions. People bought firearms and marine suits. It wasn't a sustainable spike, but it WAS a spike.
I'm not saying the way he went about trying to make Atmosphir intro a profitable game was the smartest way possible, but NOT doing ANYTHING would have been worse. That's the bottom line.

Halsey was ALIENATING the money. HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO DRILL THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!???! THE ONLY "SPIKE" FOREARMS CAUSED WAS A SPIKE OF PLAYERS OUT OF THE GAME.

If Dave had come up with a successful business model, Atmosphir wouldn't have failed. And TECHNICALLY, it didn't "fail". All online games end some time. Atmosphir lasted a good long time.
Again, EVERYTHING WAS FINE WITH DAVE BEHIND THE WHEEL!

OK, this sounds kinda cliché, but...

Image

Well, I'm gonna end here. I'm not gonna top that...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.

User avatar
Mr Meow Meow
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: January 7th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Postby Mr Meow Meow » January 7th, 2013, 6:30 pm


User avatar
TheLastLink
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: October 16th, 2012, 7:00 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Postby TheLastLink » January 7th, 2013, 6:41 pm

ElectroYoshi wrote:If you spend $1,000,000 on a game and earn $0.01 from it, that's not exactly profit, is it.
Atmosphir was doing fine profit-wise first of all (See my prior argument about Players Club)

You're not making a very good case for yourself when you say you're not blaming Halsey out of immaturity, when you've already said this:
ElectroYoshi said: ↑
[Bleep] Halsey Minor. [Bleep] that [Bleep]-ing [Bleep] face and [Bleep] every single [Bleep]-ing thing he [Bleep]-ing stands for, and [Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep]!!!
ElectroYoshi said: ↑
Halsey is the sole tyrant responsible for Atmosphir's demise.
Complete maturity, ladies and gentlemen.
FOR CAMERON'S SAKE!!! STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO ACT!!!! DO I SEEM LIKE I CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME?!?! AND FOR PETE'S SAKE,YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!!!!!

The game was losing money, and Dave LEFT. Who else was going to lead development? Adz?
Halsey was already starting to get in the way, which, need I remind you, is the only reason Dave left in the first place. End of story.

If the game had been making money, Halsey wouldn't have tampered with it. The issue is, the game was LOSING money. And there was in fact a spike of users joining because of the gritty additions. People bought firearms and marine suits. It wasn't a sustainable spike, but it WAS a spike.
I'm not saying the way he went about trying to make Atmosphir intro a profitable game was the smartest way possible, but NOT doing ANYTHING would have been worse. That's the bottom line.
Halsey was ALIENATING the money. HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO DRILL THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!???! THE ONLY "SPIKE" FOREARMS CAUSED WAS A SPIKE OF PLAYERS OUT OF THE GAME.

If Dave had come up with a successful business model, Atmosphir wouldn't have failed. And TECHNICALLY, it didn't "fail". All online games end some time. Atmosphir lasted a good long time.
Again, EVERYTHING WAS FINE WITH DAVE BEHIND THE WHEEL!

OK, this sounds kinda cliché, but...

Image

Well, I'm gonna end here. I'm not gonna top that...

So you're telling me that you want to be immature about this. Got it.
And you're not paying attention to me either.
Dave HIMSELF said he left because he had accomplished everything he wanted to.

Nope. Atmosphir was losing money before Halsey took the wheel.
And if memory serves, Atmosphir was NEVER making any profit.

And I guess I have to re-iterate this again; The community was only about one fifth of the player base. So it doesn't mean anything when a "bunch" of people left "the community".

Except, no. Dave wasn't an angel who made everything around him turn to solid gold; his business model didn't work, and thus (AGAIN) Atmosphir wasn't making money. And it was losing money. And it was never making any profit. Did you get all that?

Halsey did what he did because Atmosphir was in dire straits (AGAIN), not because he's the evilest villain alive.

Also, it's funny how you respond to me every time, despite the fact that you always say "This is my last post on the subject" to get the last word.

User avatar
ElectroYoshi
Well-Known Member
Posts: 11061
Joined: October 18th, 2012, 8:27 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby ElectroYoshi » January 7th, 2013, 7:25 pm

So you're telling me that you want to be immature about this. Got it.
And you're not paying attention to me either.
Dave HIMSELF said he left because he had accomplished everything he wanted to.

Adz eventually revealed that Dave left because of disagreements with Minor Ventures. I specifically remember.



Nope. Atmosphir was losing money before Halsey took the wheel.
And if memory serves, Atmosphir was NEVER making any profit.

Just because Atmosphir wasn't making millions of dollars doesn't mean it wasn't making money or losing it.



And I guess I have to re-iterate this again; The community was only about one fifth of the player base. So it doesn't mean anything when a "bunch" of people left "the community".

Oh, yeah, cuz there was SUCH a minuscule community to begin with.



Except, no. Dave wasn't an angel who made everything around him turn to solid gold; his business model didn't work, and thus (AGAIN) Atmosphir wasn't making money. And it was losing money. And it was never making any profit. Did you get all that?

Dave's approach made the money it made because the community liked it. Halsey's Approach was what drove people off. The game was alive when Dave was around. It died while Halsey was around. Seeing a pattern yet?!!



Halsey did what he did because Atmosphir was in dire straits (AGAIN), not because he's the evilest villain alive.

There's a difference between taking action when a game is in dire straits,
and being the reason it ended up there to begin with.



Also, it's funny how you respond to me every time, despite the fact that you always say "This is my last post on the subject" to get the last word.

Well, that is largely (entirely) due to the fct that you were being a huge jerk about this from the very beginning, so much so that I feel stupider every time I leave this thread without reporting you first. JUST SAYING.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.

User avatar
Wowfunhappy
Administrator
Posts: 958
Joined: September 30th, 2012, 12:46 pm

Postby Wowfunhappy » January 7th, 2013, 9:25 pm

I think this is a genuinely interesting discussion, but there's no reason to take it so personally. Calm down, please. :P

User avatar
TheLastLink
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: October 16th, 2012, 7:00 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Postby TheLastLink » January 7th, 2013, 9:50 pm

ElectroYoshi wrote:So you're telling me that you want to be immature about this. Got it.
And you're not paying attention to me either.
Dave HIMSELF said he left because he had accomplished everything he wanted to.

Adz eventually revealed that Dave left because of disagreements with Minor Ventures. I specifically remember.

Nope. Atmosphir was losing money before Halsey took the wheel.
And if memory serves, Atmosphir was NEVER making any profit.

Just because Atmosphir wasn't making millions of dollars doesn't mean it wasn't making money or losing it.

And I guess I have to re-iterate this again; The community was only about one fifth of the player base. So it doesn't mean anything when a "bunch" of people left "the community".

Oh, yeah, cuz there was SUCH a minuscule community to begin with.

Except, no. Dave wasn't an angel who made everything around him turn to solid gold; his business model didn't work, and thus (AGAIN) Atmosphir wasn't making money. And it was losing money. And it was never making any profit. Did you get all that?

Dave's approach made the money it made because the community liked it. Halsey's Approach was what drove people off. The game was alive when Dave was around. It died while Halsey was around. Seeing a pattern yet?!!

Halsey did what he did because Atmosphir was in dire straits (AGAIN), not because he's the evilest villain alive.

There's a difference between taking action when a game is in dire straits,
and being the reason it ended up there to begin with.

Also, it's funny how you respond to me every time, despite the fact that you always say "This is my last post on the subject" to get the last word.

Well, that is largely (entirely) due to the fct that you were being a huge jerk about this from the very beginning, so much so that I feel stupider every time I leave this thread without reporting you first. JUST SAYING.

1: I forgot about that, however, it doesn't end up being that relevant:
Atmosphir losing money [2008] -> Stratosphir [2010] -> Still losing money [2011] -> Users begin to leave community [2011] -> Still losing money [2011] -> Halsey finally steps in [2011] -> Dave leaves in a huff [2011] -> Cars and Gritty pieces added [2012] -> A spike in new users, however not enough to offset all the players leaving [2012] and the rest is history.

2: Alemagno stated that Atmosphir never made profit.

3: There were about 500,000 accounts at the peak. There were only about 2000 active members on the forum at the peak (I'm estimating).

4: See 1

5: See 4

User avatar
Mr Meow Meow
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: January 7th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Postby Mr Meow Meow » January 8th, 2013, 10:40 am

The Atmosphir server is finally down D:

User avatar
Newah
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 12:05 am

Postby Newah » January 8th, 2013, 1:09 pm

ElectroYoshi wrote:FOR CAMERON'S SAKE!!! STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO ACT!!!! DO I SEEM LIKE I CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME?!?! AND FOR PETE'S SAKE,YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!!!!!



Actually, you do seem like you care quite a bit. Maybe if you had said that in normal lettering? :P

User avatar
tta
Well-Known Member
Posts: 2211
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Postby tta » January 8th, 2013, 6:20 pm

"Oh, yeah, cuz there was SUCH a minuscule community to begin with."

Uhm.

Actually yeah.

User avatar
Semesto
Well-Known Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 12:35 am

Postby Semesto » January 9th, 2013, 1:51 am

Sad to see it go but I've moved on.

User avatar
freekboy31
Member
Posts: 838
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 8:08 am

Postby freekboy31 » January 9th, 2013, 2:29 am

This thread is hilarious and disappointing at the same time. Perhaps, I must think twice: hilarious and disappointing.

There is no clear evidence that Halsey actually ruined the game. Other than that, I would likely guess the money and people wants to moving on are cause of downfall. Guesses aren't even close to real reason yet people must move on.

Why not upload your forsaken drafts for some pleasure? We don't mind you arguing about that because it's an old news.

Besides, welcome to kindergarten.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Image

User avatar
EyceKubes
Well-Known Member
Posts: 1138
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 10:37 am

Postby EyceKubes » January 9th, 2013, 11:47 am

freekboy31 wrote:Besides, welcome to kindergarten.

Need I say more? lol
Image

User avatar
Semesto
Well-Known Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 12:35 am

Postby Semesto » January 9th, 2013, 11:15 pm

EyceKubes wrote:Need I say more? lol

No everything is summed up I think.

User avatar
EyceKubes
Well-Known Member
Posts: 1138
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 10:37 am

Postby EyceKubes » January 10th, 2013, 12:36 am

Semesto wrote:No everything is summed up I think.

Good. My work here is done.
(Well on this thread anyways... lol)
Image

User avatar
Zetta
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: October 11th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Postby Zetta » January 10th, 2013, 3:35 pm

I never understood why people thought that Halsey sought to ruin his own investment. That he spent money on. His own money. A lot of it too.

Anyway I would post a quotes from a topic from the Atmosphir boards discussing this, but
1.) It's gone
2.) Boberto got mad and deleted them like he always does anyway.

User avatar
tta
Well-Known Member
Posts: 2211
Joined: October 9th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Postby tta » January 10th, 2013, 7:35 pm

hey guys im boberto stop talkingngn bad about amtoshpir ban ban ban ban ban ban delete delete delete delete

depression isnt reeal lol

User avatar
Wowfunhappy
Administrator
Posts: 958
Joined: September 30th, 2012, 12:46 pm

Postby Wowfunhappy » January 10th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Deleted a few posts. C'mon guys, don't gang up on other users! :)

User avatar
Anuke
Member
Posts: 440
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 3:36 pm

Postby Anuke » January 16th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Yep. It's dead.

User avatar
TheLastLink
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: October 16th, 2012, 7:00 pm
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Postby TheLastLink » January 16th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Anuke wrote:Yep. It's dead.

you signed up just to say that

your cool


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Registered users: No registered users