The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Halsey Minor Is Back, Baby.

Chat about anything
Swords761

Halsey Minor Is Back, Baby.

Post by Swords761 »

In honor of Halsey "coming back"after a year in significant financial woe, I think it's worthwhile to have a nice, respectful discussion about him and if he's learned anything over the past year to ensure his renewed investment in Black Pony is actually fruitful and beneficial to all parties.

Here's some articles about Halsey; apparently he made a thing called Bitreserve because of his own financial issues? I only skimmed some sites, so if anyone finds something interesting please share it, along with your thoughts!

Here's to a hopefully good year for the revitalization of Atmosphir, in whatever form that may be. :D
matthewbny
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by matthewbny »

Halsey gained and lost a lot ever since CNET. What he's doing, connecting the real world to the digital world (with bitreserve) is something that has the potential to reel in some serious money.

Atmosphir isn't coming back. Repetto already confirmed this. They're porting Atmosphir onto the latest version of Unity to test out Voxelus, which is going to use a lot of the animations and source code from Atmosphir. This more or less may mean Voxelus is going to be a reincarnation of Atmosphir. Though a level editor hasn't been directly referenced there is a build aspect referenced on the voxelus.com homepage.

If Halsey gives people what they want, it should all work out in the end. But there needs to be a way for him to profit off of it. It's not like Halsey is some big, mean fat kid banker. He has a family to tend to, and just like me and you, he likes money. I think people took the wrong approach back on Atmosphir by patronizing him for wanting to profit off of something he owns (referencing the Disney-pirate theme pack whatever, I hate Jack Sparrow).

TL;DR: halsey needs money to make more good products + improve other ones, free is generally the way to go, also jack sparrow sucks
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Yeah.

I think in the end, he's been through a lot and hes always had a lot on his plate. At the end of the day, we've always been just a tiny, very opinionated community haha. Although we did used to be significantly less tiny, but I digress...
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Moved to off-topic.