The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Holy Crap What Am I Doing?!?

Chat about anything
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Holy Crap What Am I Doing?!?

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Well, it was a trek, but here I am.

10,000 POOOOOSTS!!!

Yes, I kept keeping track after the forum stopped counting pigflags and forum games posts. Mind you, I only did it so I'd have an excuse to make this corny speech...

There's a reason I've been here long enough to know I've posted at least 10,000 times: And that's you guys. It's hard for me to believe that I've been in this community for 4 1/2 years, because in the past I was rarely active anywhere for more than a year or so. The one exception is the GameSpot forums, which I was active on for about two years before... well, ya know.

Everything I've experienced with you guys has honestly made me grow a ton as a person. Between both Atmosphir and Voxelus going down the pipes and still being together as a community 2 whole years later, it's really led me to care a lot more about... well everything quite honestly. Admittedly, if you compared 13-year-old me to me now, I'm not sure how noticeable that growth would be, but it's there, believe me. Without you guys, I absolutely would not be the person I am now. Around 2011-2013 I wasn't exactly having the time of my life, but you guys got me through that.

I'm not the sort of person who says this kind of thing often, but I literally cannot describe how lucky I feel to have found you guys. When I first joined Atmosphir I was 13, and I wasn't expecting you guys to have much of an impact on me. But now I'm 17, and can't imagine a life where I don't have you guys around. Yes, I really have come to appreciate you guys that much. And it eventually got to the point where we got Atmosphir up and running again and picked up where we left off... it's all been so incredible.

I've thought about leaving a couple of times in the past, but I just keep coming back. And honestly, I don't plan to ever leave for good, not right now anyway. Even if I do one of these days, I'll always have a place in my heart for you guys and the memories I've made here.

To wrap up here: Thank you guys so much... for everything. It's been an incredible ride that I hope continues for a long time to come.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Looking at your official post count, I can only imagine the amount of time you wasted on here... Then again I'm probably at about the same count.
Glad to hear that we entertain you :P
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Baufritz wrote:Looking at your official post count, I can only imagine the amount of time you wasted on here...
Honestly, for that very reason I'm just gonna delete the note I was using to keep track. That ratio is kinda shameful. xD
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh whoa~ that is crazily dedicated to keep track of things like that, Electro! Well, congratulations and that was a really really sweet post :) I know I would never give up any of the time I've spent with you all-- at this point I want to keep some part of Atmosphir around with me for a long long time.. I hope that is the same for others as well! Take care :D
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

And exactly how is this off-topic
Anuke

Post by Anuke »

Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Anuke wrote:Image
Citizen Kane is now ruined forever, thanks.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb: