The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Random Message From Old Friend--how To Respond?

Chat about anything
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Random Message From Old Friend--how To Respond?

Post by ElectroYoshi »

The other day I was on Facebook and out of nowhere got a message from someone I haven't spoken to in a very long time. I cut him off from my life altogether back in middle school because of some pretty heinous stunts he pulled. I won't get into details here because it's kind of a long story, but what you need to know is that it concerned a girl a liked, and he completely blew any and all chances I had with her, right before she moved away never to be seen again. Yeah, there's a reason I haven't talked to this guy in 4 years...

So here's my question: If you guys were in my place, would you answer this message? On the one hand, the incident in question has long since become a thing of the past, but at the same time I don't know if I want to just give him what he wants and excuse the crap he pulled.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
zardini001

Post by zardini001 »

What I would do is act like a completely random and different person and try to piss him off just by being random, while trying to make him apologize.

Thats just me.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

I'd answer him. I don't know what he did to make you lose those chances, but if he starts getting annoying or doesn't want to apologize for his actions, just block him.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Well~ given that I am like the worst person to come to about school stuff and such, keep a grain of salt near by and all that. To me, it feels a little silly to hold a grudge from when you were like 12-13, or so~ So, I probably wouldn't think too much about the past. Yet, if this person seems to be the same as they were then, I suppose there is nothing wrong with separating yourself from them again.

But anyway, I probably shouldn't give advice on school-life stuff as I don't really understand it very well~!
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Phantomboy wrote:Well~ given that I am like the worst person to come to about school stuff and such, keep a grain of salt near by and all that. To me, it feels a little silly to hold a grudge from when you were like 12-13, or so~ So, I probably wouldn't think too much about the past. Yet, if this person seems to be the same as they were then, I suppose there is nothing wrong with separating yourself from them again.

But anyway, I probably shouldn't give advice on school-life stuff as I don't really understand it very well~!

For what it's worth, we've been going to separate schools for quite awhile now. :P
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I believe I recall the story from your blog... :)

I think you should give him a chance. People can change, he may be a cool guy and you could be missing out on an awesome friendship. Does he go to your school currently? If not, a facebook conversation is pretty easy to end without it getting to awkward.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: