The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Horror Movie Disscusion!

Chat about anything
Miniike

Horror Movie Disscusion!

Post by Miniike »

I love horror. IMO fear is just the most interesting emotion art forms can prick at.

I have never actually seen a horror movie, but when I can, the ones I am most interested in are Halloween, Misery and The Exorcist.

For those of you who watch horror/splatter films, what is your favorite? For those who havvn't, which sound the best or scariest?
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
tta

Post by tta »

Miniike

Post by Miniike »

tta wrote:Image
Ahh, yes. A terrifying baby-filled classic.
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

That's a good horror!

I don't like horror films, never watch them. I'm too paranoid to be able to watch them.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Oh my lawdy!

TERRIFYING.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Belive it or not, I actually intended for this to be a serious discussion.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Alright, in all seriousness I have a hard time watching horror films. Mainly because they are scary, which scares me (I know, right?) However I have been appreciating the 'Marble Hornets' YouTube series recently, which I feel have a decent scare factor. Admittedly it is all suspense-scare which I am not sure is admiral or abhorred in the eyes of the modern-day horror film watchers, likely a little of both.
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

Miniike wrote:I love horror.

I have never actually seen a horror movie, but when I can, the ones I am most interested in are Halloween, Misery and The Exorcist.
So do you mostly play horror games or read horror novels then? If you like the idea of horror but never watch horror films, that seems more like a fascination than a love for the genre itself. My three cents.

I don't watch horror films, but I do play horror games. I feel like video games are the perfect medium for the horror genre, mostly because the player controls the character and feels a connection to him/her that can pave the way for some really creative scares instead of throwing up a screamer and hoping for the best.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Skyshark wrote:So do you mostly play horror games or read horror novels then? If you like the idea of horror but never watch horror films, that seems more like a fascination than a love for the genre itself. My three cents.

I don't watch horror films, but I do play horror games. I feel like video games are the perfect medium for the horror genre, mostly because the player controls the character and feels a connection to him/her that can pave the way for some really creative scares instead of throwing up a screamer and hoping for the best.
Interesting though, I have seen quite a few instances where the audience ends in mainly just screaming at the protagonist for irrational decision skills and repeatably walking into dark ally ways whilst a known killer is running about. The horror game genre seems to get around that, unless they include hard codded forced events. Is there any horror games you have cling to personally as favourites?
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Skyshark wrote: If you like the idea of horror but never watch horror films, that seems more like a fascination than a love for the genre itself. My three cents.
Yeah, your kinda right. It's mostly just because I'm only 14. I've played a few non-mature horror games though, and that's where a majority of my fascination comes from.

Or maybe I'm just stupid.
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

Miniike wrote:Yeah, your kinda right. It's mostly just because I'm only 14. I've played a few non-mature horror games though, and that's where a majority of my fascination comes from.

Or maybe I'm just stupid.
There's nothing wrong with being interested by horror without actually delving into the genre, man.

@Phantomboy: Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a great example of how to do horror properly, and almost reminds me of Half-Life 2 in a way -- it doesn't wrestle control away from you to show you some pre-baked cutscene, which means you feel more connection to the player than you would in, say, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. The Penumbra series is a great play as well and is basically a precursor to Amnesia, but I also enjoyed Silent Hill 1 & 2 and Imscared.exe (a freeware horror game).
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Skyshark wrote: @Phantomboy: Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a great example of how to do horror properly, and almost reminds me of Half-Life 2 in a way -- it doesn't wrestle control away from you to show you some pre-baked cutscene, which means you feel more connection to the player than you would in, say, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta.
I'd really like to try Amnesia. It looks AMAZING.
Rattle

Re:

Post by Rattle »

haha funny and original joke
Miniike

Re: Horror Movie Disscusion!

Post by Miniike »

that was high-larious old tta

you should go and love yourself