The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Need help fixing a broken program

Chat about anything
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Need help fixing a broken program

Post by ElectroYoshi »

pastebin.com/D8RYbLLc

This is my current AP Computer Science project. What it's supposed to do is establish the inventory for a grocery store, and then print said inventory back out. Sound simple?

Yeah, well, so does a root canal.

I THINK I've got all the necessary bases covered, but there's so many compile errors that it's a little cringe worthy.

Anyone wanna take a stab at fixing it?

Edit: It wasn't until after I made this thread that I realized the title of the paste could be a bit off color given recent events. I don't think paste in lets you change the name of a paste once you've posted it, so apologies for that.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Re: Need help fixing a broken program

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Rather than me taking a stab at fixing your code, instead tell me what the error codes are, and I'll walk you through what they mean and how you can fix them. Generally compile errors are very descriptive, and tell you exactly whats going on. On the other hand, sometimes the first compile error causes more compile errors for the rest of the code.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Re: Need help fixing a broken program

Post by Baufritz »

Add some comments to the code for people to better understand them. Ftom what I can tell already is that you have two functions that are called exactly the same but do different things, so that won't work in Java IIRC.

Hit me up via DM or Discord if you need any specific help.