The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Nickelblock: Funny Or Sad?

Chat about anything

Nickelblock: Funny or Sad?

Funny
17%
Sad
17%
-_- Get a life, Electro...
67%

Total votes: 6

ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Nickelblock: Funny Or Sad?

Post by ElectroYoshi »

If you're a fan of rock music, you most likely know who Nickelback are. And you also probably know that despite their stellar track record of selling records, they are easily the most hated music group out there right now.

Let the record show first of all that while I do like Nickelback (DON'T KILL ME!!!), this thread is not a discussion about Nickelback themselves in any way, shape, or form. This is about something related but not NB themselves.

Anyway, this thread is a discussion about a Google Chrome Add-On called Nickelblock

This basically blocks out the word "Nickelback" from anything you see online. Search Results, Websites, you name it.

For Example:

Without Nickelblock: Nickelback to drop new album in November
With Nickelblock: ********** to drop new album in November

So, do you think that's funny, or just plain sad? I'm gonna have to go with door #2, but what do YOU think?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Kind of lies on the both for me, similar to comic sans I see why everyone is hating it, however myself I have really no good reason to. Honestly, a lot of the "hated" artist of today really just stem from people hearing that it is common to hate them so they do the same. That is the exact same for Justin Bieber, One Direction and others.. The wide dislike for them likely stems from people realizing that it is a common social practice to dislike them, regardless of if the artist music actually offends that person. I would say that the hate for NickelBack is expected, but doesn't need to necessarily be carried to such a light. In fact for anyone who has a dislike for something I'm sure this would seem to be a bit of an obnoxious resolve.
Reap

Post by Reap »

They are Canadian, and thus being so are played quite widely on the radio stations up here. (certain amount of Canadian content is required by law up here) And to be honest, I don't mind them. Some of their songs are meh and some are decent.
Phantomboy wrote: The wide dislike for them likely stems from people realizing that it is a common social practice to dislike them, regardless of if the artist music actually offends that person.
Exactly.
tta

Post by tta »

I really don't get why people hate Nickelback. While I don't LOVE Nickelback, about 2 songs from them are a guilty pleasure for me.

I mean, I guess I get why, alot of their songs come across as repetitive, but that's only because of how monotonous the lead singer's voice is.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

tta wrote:how monotonous the lead singer's voice is.
OK, I'll be honest. I really can't argue with you there...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

I can relate to quite a lot of their music... Me like...
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

[media=youtube]AbO1Dl7XMuo[/media]
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb: