The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

A Dosage Of Your Daily Nostalgia

Chat about anything
Phantomboy

A Dosage Of Your Daily Nostalgia

Post by Phantomboy »

There is a plenty of drugs on the market these days, a personal obsession of my would be to nostalgia. Rather the dosage be an old magazine tumbling out of your chest of drawers whilst cleaning or a file left on your computer from an old movie you cut together with some of your friends in school. I am simply a slave for it and it triggers an emotional response that I cannot seem to match in anything else.

I was simply wondering “Hey, I wonder if anyone else can find some stuff that triggers a nostalgic feeling on them, that’s a good idea I ought to do that.” then that idea sat at the back of my head as I made some coffee and here it blossoms!
Godofwar

Post by Godofwar »

Some smells trigger nostalgia. So does just thinking of past memories that are important to you
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

The best nostaligic feeling I ever had was when I came to my old school for a visit, (I had more friends there than at my new school. *sniff* ;_ ;) I felt good inside. But felt sad when I had to go. :(
I had so many friends... My new "friends" are jerks.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I'm sorry to hear that, Wazi. Whenever I visit the apartment complex I used to live it always gets kinda sad, a lot of childhood memories. Also this sound brings back so many memories-
[media=youtube]Qxn3g9qbF3Q[/media]
Gosh- so many.
Newah

Post by Newah »

Yes, I've noticed that smells certainly can trigger something. I spent the first few years of my life in southern California, so there was a certain smell there. Every time I smell that certain smell (I still don't know exactly what the smell is) I have flashbacks. It's kind of weird.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Wow, yeah. In the morning, that good smell makes me remember when I was punished back when I was preparatory student. It was very cruel punishment so that's how I started to speak when I am first grade student.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

terranax

Post by terranax »

The #1 that can trigger nostalgia in me is music. Almost every song I have has a certain memory bound to it, however some of the songs have a really big and glorious moment that I love to think about time to time. Like the song Power of the Dragonflame triggers one of my most favorite memories in 6th grade which was the typing tournament. (best year ever ;- ;)
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

One that gets my nostalgia is old friends of mine, some are great memories, some are bad and some are amazing.

However as today is we like to live in the future and don't take time to remember the past but when you do all as you want to do it to go back to that time. I want to live in yesterday forever.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Kingdom Hearts. The music, looks, story... Kingdom Hearts is probably been the most important part of my life.

But also, the smell of a certian kind of pretzel, Auntie Ann's or something, reminds me of when I was younger going from place to place on Pokemon tournaments earning badges <3 (Yes, Pokemon badges in real life do exist.)
Adz
Administrator

Post by Adz »

There are so many things that inspires nostalgia for me. Old board games (yeah, when I was a kid, those things were actually popular) Old shows from Cartoon Network, and many other things...
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Adz wrote:There are so many things that inspires nostalgia for me. Old board games (yeah, when I was a kid, those things were actually popular) Old shows from Cartoon Network, and many other things...
So does old person smell remind you of board games? IDK, I am kid :c
Adz
Administrator

Post by Adz »

Lol, no. But board games certainly do have that musty old cardboard smell...

There's always mousetrap... or monopoly... or snakes and ladders... and so on.
Newah

Post by Newah »

Ah, Mousetrap. They don't make it like they used to. :/
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

If only they made siblingtrap... <3
Godofwar

Post by Godofwar »

wait so you actually have pokemon badges? are they pieces of cardboard?
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Godofwar wrote:wait so you actually have pokemon badges? are they pieces of cardboard?
No, metal pins.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

nonic5 wrote:No, metal pins.
Childhood=Completed
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Semesto wrote:Childhood=Completed
Yeah... It was...
bboy99

Post by bboy99 »

ATMOSPHIR ORIGINAL!!!
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Earthbound NES. :3
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.