Election 2012

Chat about anything
Phantomboy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phantomboy » October 18th, 2012, 10:43 am

TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheLastLink » October 18th, 2012, 12:29 pm

brendiculous

Postby brendiculous » October 18th, 2012, 12:50 pm

TheLastLink

Postby TheLastLink » October 18th, 2012, 5:22 pm

Magmar

Postby Magmar » October 18th, 2012, 7:12 pm

SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Postby SirWrek » October 18th, 2012, 7:16 pm

Well, seeing as I prefer to swing which ever way the candidate that gets my attention with thoughts and discussion goes, I'd honestly have to be the black sheep and vote for Romney. What?! Yes, you may be thinking this. No- it's not because he is rich, intelligent, or could be the antichrist. Nor because of his race.

No, I honestly think that what America needs currently is somebody with the nads to stand up for a term and set things as right as they possibly can. The fact that he is willing to cut some of the more superfluous budget kinks out of the nation's ever-increasing debt pool make him all the wilier. Sure, the chances of him being reelected for a successive term (assuming he is even elected at all) are slim, but think about it- he could very well be the first president since Clinton (a democrat, mind you) to not entirely bungle the budget.

That's just one of my thoughts.

While I agree with bits and pieces from both Mr. Obama and Romney's points of views on issues, I have to go with the Romnster and Paul Ryan- as, what we truly need to run this country currently is a businessman, not a career politician. And Romney/Ryan are the bigger businessmen of the two selections (Obama/Biden being the other).

G'day.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.

Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Postby Wowfunhappy » October 18th, 2012, 9:56 pm

I'm voting for the Wii U!

freekboy31

Postby freekboy31 » October 18th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Phantomboy

Postby Phantomboy » October 18th, 2012, 11:44 pm

My two main issues with Mitt Romney are;
1. He is against equal marriage rights, hitting me in both a moral and future legal level.
2. Often under pressure in public appearances he will get harsh, although he is clearly fighting getting outwardly mad, he allows he emotions to affect his speech and word choice, not necessarily the most promising person for presidency.
Again as I said before, neither candidate is perfect and this is merely my choice, as a fifteen year-old-teen.
Wow, I say the best things to make my points sound valid, don't I?

TheLastLink

Postby TheLastLink » October 22nd, 2012, 2:50 pm

dragonbo

Postby dragonbo » October 22nd, 2012, 7:51 pm

I really think Mitt's morals are kinda screwed up. He has 0 tolerance for gay marriage. I get it that it's in his religion, but when he starts implementing his religion into the way he governs, that's just messed up. Our country doesn't have an official religion. That's one of the great things about America. And I think he's almost breaking this freedom. There is no way he can just ban gay marriage just because HIS religion says it's wrong. That's like him saying he wants to ban fast food because he doesn't like it. So if his religion and other beliefs are going to interfere with him governing, then why should he be trusted as our president? Obama might not be the best president ever, but he didn't mix his beliefs and way of running the country.

Magmar

Postby Magmar » October 24th, 2012, 4:34 pm

TheLastLink

Postby TheLastLink » October 25th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Phantomboy

Postby Phantomboy » October 25th, 2012, 7:38 pm

TheLastLink

Postby TheLastLink » October 25th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Phantomboy

Postby Phantomboy » October 25th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Lemon
Editorial Staff

Postby Lemon » October 27th, 2012, 7:08 am

MasterJBW

Postby MasterJBW » October 27th, 2012, 8:10 am

[media=youtube]dX_1B0w7Hzc[/media]

Phantomboy

Postby Phantomboy » October 28th, 2012, 1:02 am

TheLastLink

Postby TheLastLink » October 28th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Return to “Off Topic”