The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Top 5 Worst Reasons To Hate/love Apple.

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

OkaySandwich wrote:I feel that Apple machines are far more sturdy and better made than the majority Windows computers.
Agreed. While I strongly prefer Windows, I do think that Microsoft could learn a thing or two from Apple as far as durability goes.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Agreed. While I strongly prefer Windows, I do think that Microsoft could learn a thing or two from Apple as far as durability goes.
>Microsoft could learn a thing or two from Apple as far as durability goes
>Implies that microsoft actually makes the machines
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I forgot the name of the company who actually makes the computers, OK?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Agreed. While I strongly prefer Windows, I do think that Microsoft could learn a thing or two from Apple as far as durability goes.
I'm not sure machine durability has anything to do with Microsoft. Computer companies that ship Windows would be the ones to make more durable machines.

OkaySandwich wrote:I feel that Apple machines are far more sturdy and better made than the majority Windows computers (I once threw my Mac mini down the stairs in a OS X furled rage and it survived without a scratch) by Windows is a far superior OS. I just bought a mac and put bootcamp on it.

But also think, Macbooks have less hardware and cost a bloody ton of money. Durability means stronger material, which means overheating. Low end hardware is less likely to overheat as it needs less power.

ElectroYoshi wrote:I forgot the name of the company who actually makes the computers, OK?

Dell, Acer, Gateway, Alienware, Toshiba, LG, Compaq, etc.....
OkaySandwich

Post by OkaySandwich »

Why is it so hard to argue with you? *grumble*
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

I agree for most points except one. Some people might like OSX. Everyone has different needs or wants. If they like OSX, they only have to buy apple because you can't legally get it any other way. I prefer Windows, but each OS has its strength and weaknesses.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nazmus wrote:I agree for most points except one. Some people might like OSX. Everyone has different needs or wants. If they like OSX, they only have to buy apple because you can't legally get it any other way. I prefer Windows, but each OS has its strength and weaknesses.
Yeah, *legally*.

Actually, it's not really illegal to build a "hackintosh" if you buy the OS. What's illegal is the distribution of these machines for profit.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

bionicnacho wrote:Yeah, *legally*.

Actually, it's not really illegal to build a "hackintosh" if you buy the OS. What's illegal is the distribution of these machines for profit.

The OS license agreement states you can only install it on a Mac. Hackentosh means you are breaking the Licence agreement
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nazmus wrote:The OS license agreement states you can only install it on a Mac. Hackentosh means you are breaking the Licence agreement
Yep, it appears I was wrong. For some reason I thought I had read that somewhere but it seems it's otherwise.

Apparently even if you buy OS X, the OS isn't yours, but it is rented from Apple. So you don't actually own the OS you buy.
LordFinnagin

Post by LordFinnagin »

I agree with you initial list.

Though the reason I love Apple is Steve Jobs.

He was an awesome man, if only his products were as awesome.
krishiv768

Post by krishiv768 »

I too love apple because it's tasty

Now seriously I have an apple iPad and it shortens my work.
Forgive me for my mistakes. I was a kiddie. But I'm not now.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Ugh... I have many problems with iPads. They're just so... limited. You can't use them to their full potential unless you jailbreak it (which is illegal) and even then, there are many things you still can't do.
krishiv768

Post by krishiv768 »

Well,I don't have any problem,only the problem is zip can't open in it.Some programs crashes in it annd *shake* it makes undo dg box,
Forgive me for my mistakes. I was a kiddie. But I'm not now.