The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Negative Response To Windows 8 Was...not Interpreted Correctly.

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Newah wrote:Nazmus, you should work for the Windows 8 PR team. :P

I don't like Windows 8 simply because it doesn't do anything objectively useful or needful, besides a few small speed increases. Everything that Windows 8 does, could be done in a Windows 7 add on. Windows 7 is perfect for the time being, there's literally no reason for me to downgrade.

Fixed that for you.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Broke that for you.
Fixed that for you.
I find win8 to be really nice to use. 8.1 on the other hand is a disaster with all those compatibility issues.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

StreetLights wrote:Fixed that for you.
I find win8 to be really nice to use. 8.1 on the other hand is a disaster with all those compatibility issues.
I don't think there's anything in 8.1 that breaks any program that worked in 8...
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

It looks cool, but I honestly don't see why I should move away from Windows 7.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Wazi wrote:It looks cool, but I honestly don't see why I should move away from Windows 7.
Faster startup/shutdown times. OS uses less RAM and CPU.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I was gonna buy a Windows 7 install disc and downgrade, but I recently downloaded a ClassicStart8, so I'll never have to look at that ugly metro screen ever again. Best part is, I saved myself about $90. xD
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I was gonna buy a Windows 7 install disc and downgrade, but I recently downloaded a ClassicStart8, so I'll never have to look at that ugly metro screen ever again. Best part is, I saved myself about $90. xD
I recently installed ClassicStart8 as well. Though, dat metro is much better for my touch screen.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Newah wrote:Nazmus, you should work for the Windows 8 PR team. :P

I don't like Windows 8 simply because it doesn't do anything objectively useful or needful, besides a few small speed increases. Everything that Windows 8 does, could be done in a Windows 7 add on. Windows 7 is perfect for the time being, there's literally no reason for me to upgrade.
I in the belief that if something works for you, you should keep using it. I try to be grateful with what I have. Windows 7 is a great OS. I never ask anyone to upgrade to Windows 8 just for sake of it. It's expensive, and the money is better spent elsewhere.

Here's the only scenario that I recommend one upgrades to Windows 8: if you want to run Windows 8 exclusive apps, like Halo Spartan Assault. Otherwise, stick to what you got (as long it is safe to do so).