The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Ps4 Malfuntions

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I still have my original DS, although I hardly play it. To be honest, I have a hard time getting committed to mobile games - I am not sure why. I feel the leisure attitude they often take kind of incentivises casual play, but I am sure that is just me. In regards to the PS4, I hope that everything gets sorted by the development team. I'd hate to see this tarnish their image.
Newah

Post by Newah »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I don't even know anyone who owns one. I've seen only three (actual count) strangers carrying them around stores or post offices.

I actually have one! It had a bad launch, but it's an awesome handheld system. LittleBigPlanet Vita has all of the console features plus more, which I think is just crazy. Plus, if you get PS + you get so many good games like Gravity Rush and Uncharted. All of which are console grade experiences. It feels like a really super charged iPod touch. (also the screen is so good looking it makes my eyes shoot rainbows.)
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Newah wrote:I actually have one! It had a bad launch, but it's an awesome handheld system. LittleBigPlanet Vita has all of the console features plus more, which I think is just crazy. Plus, if you get PS + you get so many good games like Gravity Rush and Uncharted. All of which are console grade experiences. It feels like a really super charged iPod touch. (also the screen is so good looking it makes my eyes shoot rainbows.)
Exactly what Newah said, I ditto dat.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Newah wrote:I actually have one! It had a bad launch, but it's an awesome handheld system. LittleBigPlanet Vita has all of the console features plus more, which I think is just crazy. Plus, if you get PS + you get so many good games like Gravity Rush and Uncharted. All of which are console grade experiences. It feels like a really super charged iPod touch. (also the screen is so good looking it makes my eyes shoot rainbows.)
Oh my gosh, I've really been interested in Little Big Planet for a very long while! I've not purchased either a PS3/4 or Vita so, if I were to get any new consoles - little big planet would certainly be giving Sony the edge for me :P
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

*Cough* Titanfall *Cough* Destiny *Cough* Half-Life 3 *Cough* Halo 5 *Cough*
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Final Fantasy XV is my only motivation to buy a new console, but its available on both consoles.
Newah

Post by Newah »

Phantomboy wrote:Oh my gosh, I've really been interested in Little Big Planet for a very long while! I've not purchased either a PS3/4 or Vita so, if I were to get any new consoles - little big planet would certainly be giving Sony the edge for me :P

Oh yeah, love LBP. It's one of the deepest game creators you can get without going into coding. They even have a music creator.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Newah wrote:Oh yeah, love LBP. It's one of the deepest game creators you can get without going into coding. They even have a music creator.
If you don't want to blow all your cash on the LBP games though, I heartily recommend ModNation Racers as well. It's like LB Karting in that it has a rich content creator and editor, but it also functions as an excellent racer sim as well.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
boberto

Post by boberto »

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about with the PS4 issues. Mine works flawlessly and so do all of my friends'. Nothing near the flaws with the Xbox 360 and even the Xbox One is doing fine. All of these problems are either made up by opposing fanboys or really just tiny minority non-issues. Although the voice commands on the Xbox One are horribly unresponsive from my experience with the system.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

boberto wrote:I'm not sure what you guys are talking about with the PS4 issues. Mine works flawlessly and so do all of my friends'. Nothing near the flaws with the Xbox 360 and even the Xbox One is doing fine. All of these problems are either made up by opposing fanboys or really just tiny minority non-issues. Although the voice commands on the Xbox One are horribly unresponsive from my experience with the system.
To be honest, looking over the whole site that was posted here. It kinda leans towards being a satirical site, simply by some of the less than professional wordings of titles. I could be wrong. However, Boberto - I believe you have a point :P
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Sony did a pretty good job patching up their initial issues.

Xbox One and Ps4 best give me incentive for purchasing a new console. So far there are still titles being released for Ps3 and Xbox 360.
boberto

Post by boberto »

As an early-adopter of the PS4, BF4 and AC4 (that's a lot of 4's) are entertaining me immensely although I can't wait for Watch Dogs, InFamous, and the other myriad of AAA titles coming out this year. And then there are the Indies on top of that! This void in the game libraries of both consoles will be patched up in a few months, just like the 3DS had a slow start but is now one of my favorite consoles of all time.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

boberto wrote:As an early-adopter of the PS4, BF4 and AC4 (that's a lot of 4's) are entertaining me immensely although I can't wait for Watch Dogs, InFamous, and the other myriad of AAA titles coming out this year. And then there are the Indies on top of that! This void in the game libraries of both consoles will be patched up in a few months, just like the 3DS had a slow start but is now one of my favorite consoles of all time.

As of right now, my only incentive for next gen is Final Fantasy XV, as its not coming for Ps3 or Xbox 360.

Question though. Does Assassins Creed 4 look any better on the next gen? Or does it simply look like a current gen port (asking since its available for Ps3 and Xbox360).
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

I would get both, but ATM I'm stuck with PC :P
boberto

Post by boberto »

Sebastian Lawe wrote: As of right now, my only incentive for next gen is Final Fantasy XV, as its not coming for Ps3 or Xbox 360.

Question though. Does Assassins Creed 4 look any better on the next gen? Or does it simply look like a current gen port (asking since its available for Ps3 and Xbox360).
All games that came out for both past gen and current gen look better on current gen. By leaps and bounds. AC4 runs at native 1080p 60fps with high-res textures on my PS4 and runs at up-resed 720p barely at 30 fps with low-res textures on past gen. The difference is massive. These new consoles run games like high-end gaming PC's.
Newah

Post by Newah »

Wazi wrote:I would get both, but ATM I'm happy with PC :P

FTFY :P

PS4 looks cool and all-but currently there's nothing urging me to buy it because I have a gaming PC that's been able to do all of that for years now. In fact, I can play AC4 on my PC in 3D, which is something I don't think the consoles will ever get. However, if it gets some killer exclusives, I may go for it.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

Newah wrote:FTFY :P
Could've sworn I said "happy".
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Newah wrote:In fact, I can play AC4 on my PC in 3D, which is something I don't think the consoles will ever get.
What kind? Red-blue?
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Newah wrote:FTFY :P
I can play AC4 on my PC in 3D, which is something I don't think the consoles will ever get.
Assassins Creed revelations supports 3D on both Xbox 360 and Ps3, so I'm confident that the Ps4 would have 3D for Assassins Creed Black Flag.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:Assassins Creed revelations supports 3D on both Xbox 360 and Ps3, so I'm confident that the Ps4 would have 3D for Assassins Creed Black Flag.

Is Revelations the only AC game to support 3D? Because if there are other AC games on the 360 or PS3 that don't support 3D, it could go either way with BF on the PS4.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.