The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Need New Mouse For School--suggestions?

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Need New Mouse For School--suggestions?

Post by ElectroYoshi »

So I go back to school on the 13th, so before too terribly long I'll be re-connecting with my Mac from last schoolyear.

[media=youtube]31g0YE61PLQ[/media]

Yeah. I'm not the world's biggest fan of Macs... Anyhoo, I already have a USB mouse that I use on my Windows laptop here at home, but I can't really use that for school because the cord is a little long and gets tangled a lot when I take it places, and the mouse itself is kinda big. In essence, I don't wanna wrestle with those things all day while I'm at school.

Long story short, I need a mouse that I can reasonably carry around school with me all day without a lot of hassle. Suggestions?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

I used to hate wireless mice, but they've gotten a lot better and now I'd recommend one.

Unless you're going to be using it for gaming, even like a cheap $5 mouse would work, but you'll get what you pay for. I'd recommend something in the $20 ballpark. You can't go wrong getting a big name brand like Dell or Logitech.

Or you could get an apple mouse which only has half the buttons for 3 times as much :)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
papaya

Post by papaya »

theres an absolute ton of cheap mice out there, just pick the coolest looking one. If you hate wires, go for a wireless one.

just buy two different ones from different brands and that way you have a spare in case the first dies/sucks arse
when it comes to cheap, simple computer peripherals the only real answer is there is no one perfect answer

if you wanted a mouse for gaming, or a high end keyboard, or a high end pair of headphones, it's a different matter. If you just need it for school, why splash out on anything more than a couple of dollars?
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

I wouldn't recommend you getting one of those tiny mouses either, though. I used to have one of these, and over 3 months I had a wrist tendon injury. 0/10 wouldn't repeat. It was still better than the trackpad, though.

If you're not going to use it for gaming, just get a mouse which can fit comfortably in your hand (e.g. your fingers don't reach the desk/mousepad with your usual grip)
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Thanks for the input guys, it helps a lot.

Also, just to clear it up, no, I don't plan to use this mouse for gaming. I plan to use it on a Mac. :P
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

ElectroYoshi wrote:Also, just to clear it up, no, I don't plan to use this mouse for gaming. I plan to use it on a Mac. :P
What do you mean?
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

kroltan wrote:What do you mean?
I think he just meant he was going to use it on mac for non-gaming purposes
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

Entity wrote:I think he just meant he was going to use it on mac for non-gaming purposes
Dunno, the way it was phrased it seems like he's suggesting Mac doesn't have games.
Sorry for the misunderstanding :P
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Yeah, I plan to use it for non-gaming purposes. The way I worded it was meant to imply that Macs don't run games well (which they don't in my experience), but I didn't get that point across very well. My mistake! :P
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

ElectroYoshi wrote:The way I worded it was meant to imply that Macs don't run games well (which they don't in my experience)

It isn't that bad nowdays :P
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I use the Razor Orochi and absolutely adore it. It's technically a gaming mouse, but it's also just a really, really good small bluetooth mouse.

It's also the only bluetooth mouse I've found that isn't completely terrible, much less legitimately good. There are plenty of nice wireless mice, but I'd wanted one that was bluetooth specifically, so I wouldn't have to plug some special wireless dongle into my computer. I don't know how much you specifically care about that, but it's certainly a nice advantage.

The problem? The Orochi is expensive—I paid close to $60 iirc. Still, if you're looking for a small mouse that you'll be able to use with your laptop easily while at school, I cannot recommend it enough.