The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Where Can I Download An Older Version Of Itunes?

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Where Can I Download An Older Version Of Itunes?

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I haven't been able to sync my iPod in months because of the tedious, wonky new approach iTunes uses to do so. Before you could just press a button and add songs to your iPod that weren't there already, but clicking Sync now has it delete the entire library off the iPod and replace it with the one on the computer. Needless to say, this approach does not sit well with me, and I don't want to have to constantly work around this, because I add physical music to my library quite often.

So, where can I download an older version of iTunes in which this is not an issue?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Htenneb

Post by Htenneb »

I don't know but I would suggest accessing it through third-party programs.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Well, if you are currently running windows this site here, old version, provides a back catalogue of installers all the way back to 2003. If you are running windows, sorted :)

If you are running macintosh then this site should help you out. It might be worth checking around as well as there is a few forum posts around the web talking about backing up your library prior to doing this.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

My iPod disconcerts and reconnects rapidly, would a older iTunes fix this?
It's not my USB pot or cord, I've checked.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Perhaps so, I am unsure what software wise would cause that, but I am of course fairly basic when it comes to knowledge of Itunes related stuffs :P
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Apple makes great electronics, but this is honestly one of the main reasons I avoid their mobile products...

On Android it's so simple, it acts just like a USB stick. You plug it in, drag the music you want, and you're done.

Anyway. Are you sure iTunes didn't used to do that? I feel like it's done that for as long as I can remember... I had to sync some songs to my sister's iPod recently though and I've definitely experienced what you're referring to. It's ridiculous.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

If I may offer an alternative suggestion whilst still using the current version of iTunes- if you just transfer all your current media from your iPod to your computer and remake your library, you shouldn't have future issues. It's usually a better idea to stay current version for present/future devices, their updates over time, and the features they offer. It may be slightly inconvenient to re-adapt to a new way of syncing your music, but it shouldn't give you anymore problems after the first time.
UC101

Post by UC101 »

install iexplorer and open the music folder like a USB stick.
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?: