The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Oneplus One

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Oneplus One

Post by Baufritz »

http://oneplus.net/

So I got myself a new phone, and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Your thoughts?
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Woah, so it basically comes rooted?
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Meh, I don't know why the edit post button isn't working. It just hangs indefinitely.

Anyway I did more research and saw it doesn't come rooted. But the Cyanogenmod is certainly a nice touch :9

I'm curious to know what your opinions on the phone are? Have you used a phone with stock Android 4.4 on it? And if so, are the extra features worth it? The price is certainly a big pro, but I would be hesitant to switch just because it's a newer phone and doesn't quite have the "trustedness" or whatever, of big companies like Samsung or Apple.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I agree on Cyanogenmod, I'll give it that.

It looks like a terrific phone, but that invite system is a very odd decision that turns me off to buying one. If you have to get an invite from somebody in order to actually get one, you're sort of out of luck if you don't know anyone who has one, and considering that I'm not a "power user" when it comes to phones, I'm not sure I'd be willing to go to that extra hassle.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Entity wrote: I'm curious to know what your opinions on the phone are? Have you used a phone with stock Android 4.4 on it? And if so, are the extra features worth it? The price is certainly a big pro, but I would be hesitant to switch just because it's a newer phone and doesn't quite have the "trustedness" or whatever, of big companies like Samsung or Apple.
So far, it's holding up well, pretty much everything loads instantly (except for bigger games, of course, and if you have a crappy connection, then websites take a while), and complicated websites do display nicely and with no lag when zooming, scrolling etc.
Rooting it doesn't actually void your warranty, as long as the hardware doesn't suffer from it (for example, if you overclock your processor and it goes up in flames, your warranty won't work for that). I've never used stock Android 4.4, only up to 4.0, so I can't really compare the two. Also, the size of it (5.5" screen) takes some time getting used to.

I have to say that I was a bit worried when I ordered the phone, because of the reasons you stated above, but contrary to what other peeps on the forums over there write, it shipped in three days and was in perfect working order when it arrived.
ElectroYoshi wrote:It looks like a terrific phone, but that invite system is a very odd decision that turns me off to buying one. If you have to get an invite from somebody in order to actually get one, you're sort of out of luck if you don't know anyone who has one, and considering that I'm not a "power user" when it comes to phones, I'm not sure I'd be willing to go to that extra hassle.
They have now rolled out a pre-order system where you can buy it and it ships as soon as they get it in stock again. If you still have an invite, you can bypass the pre-order stuff and get it from confirmed stock.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Nicciwilli

Post by Nicciwilli »

I got the phone about a month ago as well and I think it's the best phone there is.

Not because it has the best specs for the moment (but it has the best specs from when it was released), like a 1440p screen (which I don't think I need, the 1080p screen is beautiful), but for the price-performance. In my opinion it is the best feeling a phone has ever given me when holding it in your hand, its battery life is amazing, it's a great phone, and almost 1/4th of the price of an iPhone 6+ with 64gb in my country.