The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmobot On Skype

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Atmobot On Skype

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

For those of you who aren't up to speed with the One More Block skype chatroom, I've recreated a Skype version of Atmobot, and have been working on ways to integrate it with the OMB website. It can grab random quotes based on whats posted on this forum, as well as grab individual user statistics. You can even talk to it.

All suggestions for features and improvements should most certainly be posted here.

Current commands
  • Give Command (!give) - Remicent of the give command in the old IRC days.
  • Stats Command (!stats) - Displays general or user specific forum statistics.
  • Quote Command (!quote) - Grabs a random forum quote from a user.
  • Speech Command (.) - Tells the bot to process what you say and respond back with an answer.
Possible Commands For The Future
  • Recent levels command - Get all the recent levels posted on the OMB Atmosphir Server.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I do have a simple question, how will it be integrated into the OMB website? Like perhaps on a specific thread? Or in some form or another on a profile page. I just want to make sure it doesn't intrude or crowed normal discussions :P
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Phantomboy wrote:I do have a simple question, how will it be integrated into the OMB website? Like perhaps on a specific thread? Or in some form or another on a profile page. I just want to make sure it doesn't intrude or crowed normal discussions :P
I think he means that it will be able to access information from the forums, not post.
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

You never know... A bot that auto detects certain words and then issues warnings might be a good idea. I mean, it'll be the only other user with as little of a life as me so that it checks the forums pretty much every day.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Phantomboy wrote:I do have a simple question, how will it be integrated into the OMB website? Like perhaps on a specific thread? Or in some form or another on a profile page. I just want to make sure it doesn't intrude or crowed normal discussions :P
Integration as far as what the forum statistics provide. I can pull any information I want from the forum to the skype chat. Having a bot that posts on the forums would be another project entirely, and is beyond what I know about web stuff.

In the future, in the Skype chat I could say "!new threads in Gaming Gossip" and I'd be told what all the new threads are in Gaming Gossip.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh, I was entirely misunderstanding things! That sounds great :)
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

StreetLights wrote:You never know... A bot that auto detects certain words and then issues warnings might be a good idea. I mean, it'll be the only other user with as little of a life as me so that it checks the forums pretty much every day.
I can understand the want for an "AI mod" so to speak, but I'm a bit wary of how exactly that would work on a technical level. Robots can detect potentially malicious wording, but not so much maliciousness in and of itself. A lot of the malicious wording (If you wanna call it that) you see on this forum is just a joke.

But if there's a way around this, I support this idea.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I can understand the want for an "AI mod" so to speak, but I'm a bit wary of how exactly that would work on a technical level. Robots can detect potentially malicious wording, but not so much maliciousness in and of itself. A lot of the malicious wording (If you wanna call it that) you see on this forum is just a joke.

But if there's a way around this, I support this idea.
I'd say if such a system were to be made, it should simply flag potentially bad posts. As well, such a system should be a natively written Xenforo plugin for 100% site integration. Outside of my scope however.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Well if any racial/homophobic slurs are used, that would issue a warning.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

StreetLights wrote:Well if any racial/homophobic slurs are used, that would issue a warning.
Would be something to consider for having stats process and send to the skype bot (since the stats are always analysing content on this site).
Spoiler
%startannounce
Atmobot is on Skype!
%endannounce %ends3/10/2014
matthewbny

Post by matthewbny »

sigh I feel like a noob all over again but how do I join the OMB skype chatroom?

a good idea would be too add leaderboard stats for designated levels. for example if you input the command it would return a statement like "Best score: 1556 - username here" and could accept arguments like "command:3" to show the third place score
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

matthewbny wrote:sigh I feel like a noob all over again but how do I join the OMB skype chatroom?
You'll just need to give your Skype user name and you can be added :)