The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Need Help With A Mac Problem...

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry
UC101

Need Help With A Mac Problem...

Post by UC101 »

After recently installing and manually removing some parasitic software from my macbook (my manually removing I mean going into activity monitor and shutting down the core driver that doesn't let you delete things while they are running..) After this I restarted and everything worked fine. then finder asked to use my password when to create a folder. I clicked yes because It just needed to learn which programs are allowed to do what. but completer (the program that autofills items) asks for my password every now and then, and it never remembers what it is and isn't allowed to do. While this doesn't happen often it is very annoying when it does. If anyone has any idea on what could be causing this please comment.

P.S. I checked keychain access.
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

I am sorry if this responses is, lacklustre-- I am not a mac user, or at least haven't been one for sever several years.

While trying to help, all I could find whilst searching around online was topics like these, talking about adware and generally how to remove this. Perhaps if you could post some screenshots whilst it occurs, maybe some mac users (I believe bionicnacho is) could lend a hand :)
[quote="bionicnacho"][/quote]
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I'm not completely sure, but I think if you dig around in your settings a little bit, there's a way to make it never ask for a password on that sort of thing. But I'm speaking from experience on my MacBook Air, which I don't use outside of school very often, so I can't promise anything there.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

Repairing disk permissions is always a good first step to any weird issues on Macs- read this for instructions if you need them.
If that doesn't help, let me know and I can further assist.
UC101

Post by UC101 »

Fixed it! thanks, I can't believe I didn't check disk permissions... That's usually the first thing. anyway it hasn't showed up since :)

(moderator please lock this, thank you.)
We are anomalous.
We are region.
Forgive and forget.
Expecto patronum.
:?: